Developer Stats: More age increments after 18+

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to see age developer stats data after the age of 18.

Ideally, there would be further stats that extend into the 20s and maybe have a 30+
Alternatively, these could go all out for all ages, but I assume there is data that says there is a huge drop off point somewhere, where it wouldn’t be worth it to clutter dev stats.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, I think it could diversify the games on the platform by having people well into their 20s documented in stats, giving developers incite that there is / is not an older audience or which of their games / updates have influenced the fluctuations within each age group in the dev stats.

6 Likes

In theory, this is a great idea. However, I’m not sure how accurate the stats are for 18+ are, and believe they wouldn’t be any help at all. Kids just select a random year when signing up, I don’t think you’d get accurate stats (and I’m not sure I believe most people who play Baldi’s Basics on Roblox are over 18).

3 Likes

If kids are just selecting a random year when they sign up, why does Roblox provide age stats at all?

Surely there is only a small (but vocal?) percentage of kids who actually inputted a fake age on their account.

I take these stats with a grain of salt already.

Roblox has the infrastructure coded in and displays it, might as well make it more detailed for older ages.

Edit: Besides, if kids are lying about their age by just choosing a “random year”, then separating the 18+ category into more than 1 will actually improve accuracy

1 Like