DevForum Following is now live!

Mhm… Now i see more clearly the actual purpose of this feature, it seems like a great feature though and it is indeed really helpful.

I sincerely appreciate the time everyone took to add such a beautiful addition to the DevForums. Keep it up ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ignore that first tab

1 Like

Oh boy! Stalking my fellow devs is going to be really easy now!

5 Likes

Following me is the equivalent of setting Scripting Support on tracking. If you fancy not receiving a couple twenty notifications at various intervals of time, don’t follow me. :v:

That aside though, I think it’d probably be nice to be able to change the notifications between threads and posts or one or the other. Ideally there are some developers whose threads I want to follow but I definitely do not want to see everything they post. I’ll probably be waiting for granular control before thinking about using this.

Thanks for the update.

6 Likes

It’s wonderful that this was added, I’ve already heard about this on the official discourse (discourse) and I am pretty sure that it was a plugin, correct me if I’m wrong. Overall, great adding to the forum to follow people we want to hear about more.

1 Like

Coe thinks that this announcement will make me follow him, think again!

2 Likes

I know exactly who I am going to follow first :wink: … mr. coefficients

2 Likes

I really have a bad feeling that this following system is going to create a competitive environment to see who can have the most followers on the DevForum, not notify people of your new posts/topic.

1 Like

Who do I follow first? :grimacing:

1 Like

That is why they turned off the feature to see the amount of followers you have, as said above.

1 Like

That’s most likely what my main purpose will be for it…mostly to catch up on new deals devs put up on items, and see what my devs are up to on the dev forum :thinking:

Ooo, I like this! :smiley:
My first follow is none other than the one and only coefficients

4 Likes

To those using the discourse app, this is related to followers. Fear no more!

2 Likes

WoooHooo! One of the features I’ve been wanting for a while! Absolutely LOVE it So far! Amazing work forum dev team!

If there’s ever a feature that you think the forum should have feel free to post in #forum-feedback to bring it to our attention, you might provide some good use cases and if the team thinks it solves enough issues it could be added.

2 Likes

That is a very nice update! Following developers are a great choice for Roblox DevForum. :happy3:

It’ll be very useful for the people who follows their own favorite developers, which can be amazing by following their profile and by checking their post when getting notified.

Thank you for the update! I appreciate it. :+1:

Pretty useful update, gonna come in handy when you want to be notified once your favorite developer posts something , or when you want 20 or so notifications from scripting support each minute !

That aside, judging by the evident appreciation shown towards this feature, and how useful it would be once you’ve got the ability to solely be notified about topics once someone posts, it’s a wonderful addition.

Can’t wait to test it,

2 Likes

ah yes, the perfect test subject. it’s all coming together.

6 Likes

This is prefect for others to get to know each other and to support each other as well. This also will show more feedback to their supporters.

Oh my goodness this is so great! I’ve always been your biggest fan and now I can follow you! My dream came true :rainbow:!

But seriously, this is great (and I actually followed you)! But I feel like there should be another thing added to this: a user should be able to view who is following them. This way, they can self-assess a little bit. Plus, I don’t see anything negative about this addition (such as a privacy risk) so it should definitely be added!

Speaking of following, who stalks Jack?

The beanstalk! Haha…

In the end, I follow where Roblox is going with this feature! :rofl:

5 Likes