Devforum having multiple issues all seem to be related to each other

When accessing https://devforum.roblox.com/, sometimes it will grant you to “Access Declined”

Example (picture taken from a person with permission, this happens at random times so I don’t have a screenshot on me):

Happened around the same time, your pfp and then your icon will be gone with nothing as seen below. Sometimes, they will fix themselves on refresh and sometimes they do not.

I’m assuming this has also popped up.

I do not have a reproduce, as it happens randomly without warning.

13 Likes

The second image keeps appearing for me, it’s getting kind of annoying

2 Likes

I had to reset my cache to fix this, but I did have this issue a few weeks ago on my 2013 mac.

1 Like

I can vouch for this to some extent, the other day I got a 403 when trying to make a post and another tab showed the access denied image (first one), but those instances only happened once and I haven’t had this issue since.

1 Like

So it’s getting worse. Just had a tab open up and look like this

Additionally, drafts randomly went offline while replying to a post just a minute ago, and shortly after that even had a loop of 5-6 popups spammed at me saying that my draft was being edited in another tab (it wasn’t, it was just the site breaking which caused it to think that) - After refreshing that tab it also (temporarily) switched my theme to the Roblox Dark theme

It seems that whatever is happening is impossible to intentionally reproduce, and only happens for a minute or two at most, so it’s basically a blink and you’ll miss it kind of thing which is definitely very helpful for reporting this bug.

3 Likes

I wonder whether this is somewhat related to DevForum displaying weirdly on my new Pixel 6 Pro on Edge (other websites seem to be fine).

It tends to only be the category view that displays weirdly for me.

1 Like

We’ll look into this, thanks for the report.

1 Like

I was able to reproduce this at the time that your post was made, but it seems to be absent now :thinking:

1 Like

I noticed that yesterday I had exactly the same issues. They got fixed for me after I pressed CTRL + SHIFT + R in Chrome, this forced the page to reload.

1 Like

Clearing my cookies temporarily fixed it for awhile, and then it started happening again.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! To help us better triage this issue, how long has this issue been happening? Any particular patterns here, such as mobile/desktop or using a new device?

1 Like

Honestly, all these issues have been around since the one time Devforum went fully down. My profile picture has been invalid for the longest amount of time and I can’t be bothered to change it and valid it.

I’ve seen people post about it in the Discord servers and I’ve gotten it as well, and it seemed like nobody reported it, so I took action and reported it.

2 Likes

I am seeing images fail to load, DMs not open, and user cards break.

If it helps, here’s most of the blocked/failed requests:

The 403s are happening on pms more

5 Likes

Sometimes, I get a 404 page not found when I try to open up the forum sometimes.

1 Like

Regarding the user cards, I have already reported this within my post

2 Likes

Looks like some people are getting invalid pictures, and some people are getting no images on pictures;

I think this is related to each other, but I can’t be 100% sure.

1 Like

I’ve gotten the bug again, and this time I’ve screenshotted it:

1 Like

I get this pretty often (around 4 times a week) on a Ethernet connection. Reloading the page resolves it.

1 Like

This looks worse

Notice how I’m not using Safari but I’m using the Web App? And that the keyboard doesn’t work? That’s the DevFourm for ya

1 Like

It’s a problem that’s DevFourm and Apples fault
Apple not knowing how keyboards should work on mobile
And DevFourm not knowing how to make a web app for itself without having a link to it on the Roblox app itself

1 Like