Dialogue Maker [Beta]

I’ll look into this right when I get out of school.

1 Like

v1.1.2 bug fixes:

• @brokenVectors ClickSound will be ignored if DEFAULT_CLICK_SOUND is nil or 0
  • A duplicate variable of DEFAULT_CHAT_CONTINUE_KEY was renamed to DEFAULT_CHAT_CONTINUE_KEY_GAMEPAD
  • Clicking Fix Scripts will no longer delete themes
2 Likes

Do any of the new versions help with mobile? Because in my game, I used your plugin, and someone on mobile couldn’t do anything after clicking the NPC so they had to reset. So I had to add

Enum.InputType.Tap

or something like that so mobile players could talk to NPCs without having to reset.

2 Likes

Sure! I thought MouseButton1Click also worked with mobile devices, but I guess I was wrong. :sweat_smile:

I’ll add that into the official script tomorrow. Sorry about that!

2 Likes

Couldn’t sleep, so I decided to add it now lol

v1.1.3 bug fix:

• @IAmPinleon Enum.UserInputType.Touch is now recorded for mobile devices
5 Likes

If this help, you could use the .Activate event, this works on all devices, even on Xbox (i believe…)

Your Plugin looks cool, i will maybe use it in the next days.

1 Like

Can someone help me make this gui frame become visible after pressing a response? I have no idea how modules work :pensive:.

Action.Execute = function()

local player = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer
	local ReclassMOS = player.PlayerGui.ReclassMOS
	ReclassMOS.Frame.Visible = true

end;

The error says “ServerScriptService.DialogueServerScript:148: ServerScriptService.DialogueServerScript.Actions.After.AfterAction:26: attempt to index nil with ‘PlayerGui’”

If the module is required by a script, then it will not get LocalPlayer, I think.

I can really see this useful to people who are new to scripting and don’t know how to make their own. This is a useful plugin, but I don’t really need it.

Hope this plugin gets popular!

This is cool! Where can I get it?

Make sure you read the whole entire topic.

2 Likes

In actions, you don’t have to re-define the player in the Execute() function.

I already define Player for you, so you can use that variable when getting the PlayerGui.

1 Like

Seems as I’m getting an error in the ClientAPI on line 41. “Argument 1 missing or nil”
This is what the line says:

DialogueGui = ThemeFolder:FindFirstChild(API.Gui.GetDefaultThemeName());

Even though you told me this a while ago, how would I write the action code? Would I put a function, etc?

Sorry for the massive delay! I was used to using @Draguwro on Roblox. :sweat_smile:

That shouldn’t be returning nil assuming that you have a DEFAULT_THEME in your Settings module under DialogueServerScript.

Is there any more info with that error?

return {
	DefaultTheme = "ChocobloxDialogue"; -- This is the default theme that will be used when talking with NPCs
	ShowResponsesAfterMessageFinished = true; -- Prevents the player from selecting responses without first viewing the dialogue
}

Nothing wrong with it, in my latest published version of my game it works, somehow it stopped working…

1 Like

You just need to press the circle under Ab or Aa, and then write your code in the Action.Execute function.

1 Like

Sorry, I’m confused. Is it working now or is printing out the same error?

while True do
    print("THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!")
end

this is the best plugin ever!!! I’ve always struggled with Gui’s, especially dialouge. This is a life-saver.

2 Likes

v1.1.4 bug fix:

• @jambam64 Attaching dialogue to more than one NPC works now