Dialogue Maker [Beta]

Thanks for your report; I’ll look into this tonight.

v2.0.2

Bug fixes

• @GAVsi115: fixed bug where pages (lengthy dialogue) didn’t work

• enabled ClipDescendants by default for NPCTextContainerWithResponses and NPCTextContainerWithoutResponses in the BigAndBoldDialogue theme

• fixed bug where if you fix scripts, the client API module would be duplicated

1 Like

This looks nice a nice and easy to use plugin. Good for story games, of course. Thanks!

1 Like
Russian

Только обратил внимание на то, что начатый диалог, в принципе нет возможности прервать пока он не будет весь пройден.
Как то это не хорошо…

I just drew attention to the fact that the dialogue started, in principle, there is no way to interrupt until it is all over.
As it is not good…

Also:

1 Like

Sure, I’ll see about adding that this week

v2.1.0

Features

1 Like

btw, i plan on changing the UI of the plugin to address some feedback i got on redirects.

the button to make redirects and responses will be more visible soon. (you won’t have to right-click anymore)

Download the github project and want to encapsulate it by yourself. There is a problem with the plug-in. Can you help me solve it?

Sure, I can help out.

There isn’t a line 8 in the DefaultVariablesTemplate on the GitHub repo

I noticed that it errored in the Workspace. Are you trying to run the plugin as a local/server script?

v3.0.0

Bug fixes

• Player variable is no longer passed in action scripts. it’s player now, which avoids using unnecessary metatables in the DialogueServerScript, and more importantly, doesn’t cache the first player

updating the plugin and pressing “fix scripts” will fix the DialogueServerScript but it will not fix your individual action scripts. this is because i don’t want to write over your scripts, causing many other problems.

to manually fix this bug:

1. update the plugin for future use

2. press fix scripts to fix the DialogueServerScript

3. in your after action scripts,

• delete Player = nil,

• pass the player parameter in the Variables and Execute functions,

• replace all references of Player with player

4. smile…the bug’s gone :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks Reply
I am trying to run the plugin as a local/server script
I encountered another problem, please take a look. I imported the code, right-clicked and saved the local plug-in. The following problem occurred

you’re probably getting that error because i didn’t add the GUI to the plugin repo. here’s a full copy of the plugin as of v3.0.0 (it has the GUI):

Dialogue-Maker-Beta.rbxm (51.1 KB)

I like the system itself, but it seems to have some flaws.

Seems to happen randomly, but sometimes the first response is placed below the second which kinda throws the theme of yes on top out of the loop. Any fix?

1 Like

oops, that isn’t supposed to happen. thanks for the report. i’ll take care of that today

1 Like

Thanks! I love that the conditions are checked on the server so it makes data gathering for quests much easier to manage!

1 Like

Would also like to suggest, if I delete an NPC character that has a dialogue folder, it’ll remove all dialogue instances associated with it. Just spent 15 mins trying to figure out what was breaking.

1 Like

v3.0.1

Bug fixes

• fixed the response sorting bug that @LordMerc reported
  • fixed bug where if you delete an npc, the dialogue maker screams at you

diffs:

1 Like

v3.1.0

new features

• added a Remove Unused Instances button. this button will remove any dialogue maker scripts that aren’t used by any NPCs. (requested by @LordMerc)

• when you press Fix Scripts or Remove Unused Instances, the plugin now allows you to undo your changes.

bug fixes

• default variables module now saves. apparently, i forgot to parent the module when it was created.

diff: add changehistoryservice + remove unused instances · Beastslash/roblox-dialogue-maker@22d17b0 · GitHub

1 Like

Noticed a bug where NPC name won’t change.

Also, the new version when running fix scripts makes NPC name look weird now (updated right after video)
EDIT: Would seem that another dialogue will run with a new one if the old one was ran before.

1 Like

i’ll get on this tonight! thanks

1 Like