Dialogue Maker [Beta]

v3.1.1

bug fixes

• CurrentTheme.Changed event now disconnects when the dialogue is finished (fixes npc names, thanks @LordMerc)

diff: disconnect theme change event when dialogue ends · Beastslash/roblox-dialogue-maker@d4c419e · GitHub

1 Like

this is nice it’s always a hassle creating dialogue that suits me. i’m unable to create the typewriter effect so this’ll help me a lot, thanks.

1 Like

little psa:

again, please do not message @DraconicChris about the dialogue maker. even though that account is the thread creator, i am maintaining the plugin under this account, @DemonZestrial.

it is getting progressively harder for me to access @DraconicChris, so i will not be able to answer any questions about the plugin under that account.

i already sent the dev engagement team a request to move the thread to this account or clarify rule 8.3, but they’ve left me on read for the past year.

v3.2.0

new features

• reformatted the npc settings to have categories. your current npc settings will not break if you press fix scripts. however, i do plan to remove support for the old npc settings in v4, so please manually update your settings when you can.

• added more proximity prompt settings, in response to a bug report by @LordMerc that i couldn’t fix at the moment

bug fixes

• got rid of that pesky “unknown require” warning in API.Player. roblox needs to kinda…fix that?

other deprecations

• deprecated API.Triggers.AddSpeechBubble(). i don’t remember why i added it, but it does pretty much the same thing API.Triggers.CreateSpeechBubble() does. i’m going to remove this in v4.

diffs:

1 Like

v3.2.1

improvements

• updated proximity prompt documentation to require npc model PrimaryParts.

• decreased default ProximityPrompt.MaxActivationDistance to 15

bug fixes

• wrapped fix scripts and remove unused instances functions in pcalls because roblox didn’t yield when requesting for script injection, so it broke the buttons

diffs:

v3.3.0

new features

• responding to a feature request by @LordMerc last week (wow, top contributor lol), i added new npc settings: General.FitName and General.TextBoundsOffset.

• the dialogue maker will automatically fit the npc’s name if General.FitName is true.

• also, General.TextBoundsOffset will be added to the TextBounds of the npc’s name if General.FitName is true.

diffs:

v3.3.1

bug fixes

• i didn’t check if General.FitName was true. :man_facepalming:

diff:

1 Like

this is so good and useful thanks so much you’re so generous for making this

1 Like

I don’t need help or anything and I might be VERY late but you should maybe try to add text effects like shaking text and stuff like that!

2 Likes

sure! school has me in a bind right now, but i’ll work on that soon.

I love your plugin!
I tried editing its GUI as a non-artist person, and yes your plugin looking really good since the start and it is very easy to modify themes!

1 Like

I want my NPC character to have a speech bubble above his head for mobile users to see that he has a dialog. I was thinking about a bubble above my NPC’s head. Something like the dialog has.

I was checking the settings module script and found speech bubble settings. I am trying to change it, but I do not see anything new happening. Am I doing something wrong or are these values fine?

I do not see anything appearing above his head or something changed in the dialog itself.

I have no idea if the speech bubble will give an effect like the dialog, but I hope so. If somebody knows if this is a bug or can help me out with this, that would be nice.

1 Like

@Sudobeast I read the article on how to use the plugin and I am trying to make a response. I right clicked the priority number but nothing happened.

1 Like

are you trying to make the response at the beginning of the conversation? if so, you have to be in a message before you right-click.

for example, you can’t make “Hi!” a response because the dialogue maker needs to show the message first.

but, if you press the View button, you can create a response by first pressing the Add Dialogue button:

and then right-clicking the priority number:

however, if you didn’t try creating a response at the beginning of the conversation, let me know

i’ll fix this problem today. thanks for reporting!

1 Like

v3.3.2

bug fixes

code review

1 Like

Hello ^^, I’m using your plugin and I encountered an issue, the text on pc is perfectly fitting, but not on mobile (a lot of words are missing) How to fix this?

1 Like

hi! i got a similar report on twitter. i can reproduce the issue, and i’m figuring out a way to make the text size depend on the device.

in the meantime, if any programmers or ui designers see this, i’d love some help. UITextSizeConstraint isn’t doing much, so i anticipate that i have to program it based on the absolute size of the dialogue box.

Nevermind I fixed it! TextScaled wasn’t enable :smiley:

1 Like

v3.3.3

code review

how do i make a script run after a dialouge

Open the plugin, then press the circle under the Aa (action after) label. You’ll be able to edit a script that runs after the dialogue.

20221031_134030

2 Likes