Difficulties with player movement after changing character

I found another link which is outdated sadly, but it will probably give you some ideas though [outdated] Changing Character while ingame with Custom Rigs:

1 Like

Thats effectively the same as what im doing so unfortunately no luck there.

I’ve gone through a lot of the forums on character changing/issues people had with it and unfortunately the problem im having was not covered in any of them, most of the problems were simple rig mistakes or other things along those lines. I beleive iv narrowed the problem down to the PlayerModule’s Keyboard module, however im not sure exactly how it functions or what other modules require it so currently im a bit stuck. It seems like the ContextActions are being unbound when the character changes, although the function that would do that isnt being called.

So your problem here is the rig doesn’t work on the player when you change them WHILE they are in the game, but if you put the rig in StarterPlayer it works?

No it doesnt work in either case, specifically movement keys have no effect on the character after the change is made while other things like shift lock still work.

This article might work for you Why won't this rig work? - #8 by Confederation_Major They are also having a problem with their rig

No luck there either unfortunately, the rigs have humanoids and play animations correctly. (At least when the animator script doesnt decide to mix them all lol)

What about the humanoid RigType? did you change it in your character?

The only values for RigType are R6 and R15, the rigs are neither but its set as R6 because the regular players have that type forced.

*Regular players being the ones that havent had their character changed.

Is it possible if I can see the rig or how you arranged it in the explorer?

There’s probably something wrong with your rigs because most of the time rigs are supposed to work on characters if they are set up correctly.

Sure thing, would you rather I send a screenshot, take a clip of it on Medal or that I stream it on discord?

Theres 6 rigs in total, all of them have the same issue.

Screenshot is fine.

Character max

t3w

All of them are generally structured like that, although some are a little less organised. I learned the hard way not to parent limbs to other limbs.

One thing I noticed is that all of the parts are inside of a folder maybe that’s one of the reasons it’s not working?

A couple of them dont have folders, double checking rn if they also have the same issue.

Yep its not the folders, the ones that have all of the limbs parented directly to the character also cant move.