Disable Mouse Lock

I don’t think this would cause any problems if games had the ability to disable shift mouse lock. It often messes up gameplay and can even give players using it an advantage due to the crosshair it has. I think it would be extremely useful to allow disabling shift mouse lock.

It also overlays some of my GUIS and I refuse to work around its weird shape.

How my GUIs work:

If you don’t disable Mouse Lock Switch and find that it covers important information, its your own fault.

I just wish the FORCE of the bodygyro or whatever inside the character when using MouseLock wasn’t SO strong

It’s like infinitely stronger than the normal turning power

Also the mouse.Icon it’s got.
It should only appear as that crosshair if mouse.Icon is not set to anything. (So it wouldn’t be like that for tools/ custom icons)

That’s really the root of the whole problem.

UMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG yes

[quote] How my GUIs work:

If you don’t disable Mouse Lock Switch and find that it covers important information, its your own fault. [/quote]

While I respect this nonchalance, it’s still a bad UX. You shouldn’t be able to do something you shouldn’t.

I’d really like if this was a setting.

Humanoid:MoveTo() doesn’t work if mouselock is enabled so I need to be able to turn it off for my game

I believe that vikatikki found a solution for this in BRF III, but I don’t know what it was or if it was a fluke.

MoveTo() should be working for mouselock characters. If you have a small test level that can reproduce it not working, please post a link to the place so I can look into this further. Thanks!

It seems to be working. I’ve added it to this place if you’d like to see what I did to test it: http://www.roblox.com/CodeWriters-Place-Number-20-place?id=168366580

:open_mouth:

I miss that game more than I realize

EDIT:
Thanks, CW, good to know for stuff and things.

:open_mouth:

I miss that game more than I realize

EDIT:
Thanks, CW, good to know for stuff and things.[/quote]

Play it then :slight_smile:
Number 2 is the only one that doesn’t work any more.

Listen, who ever works on this;

I want to be able to have full control over how the shift key works. I want to use Left Shift as a sprint hotkey, and I don’t want to have to change key just because MouseLock is already binded to this.

I want to disable it with a property under StarterGui.
Add it as another Enum for the method SetCoreGuiEnabled?
Please do this. It is needed and it is quite annoying that we are restricted on this.

1 Like