[ENABLED as of May 28] SocialService Game Invites are Live

I need to agree with this post Roblox should add some selection box in the settings page, for example!

And default value should be false.

And something like this

Edited :

If this feature will be added I think it would be better to do something like this

local String,Bool = SocialService:PromptGameInvite();

--[[
    Bool if it was successful or not
    String is the error message
    It should work same as pcall() I am not using pcall() because they said it is not throwing any error.
]]

if (Bool) then
-- Player Has SocialService Enabled In Settings
elseif not(Bool) then
-- Player Hasn't Enabled SocialService In Settings
end
15 Likes

Can we actually even have a prompt in-game for stuff like this? I never really use the chat window and I also think it’d be helpful for those who aren’t watching the website.

5 Likes

I would love for this to be added!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d say make it so that any invites to the same game within 1-4hr get consolidated

1 Like

Am I the only one who didn’t get any message from this new feature from friends?

2 Likes

I would say that the Developer inquestions tactic is used allot not just on Roblox. They’re not doing anything wrong and plus the invite friend system was made for this as well as other functions and uses. As far as I am concerned this is just a hate twords simulator games and itrelevant. Now please keep in mind my opinion is mainly, user can now choose how they operate with this system. The only case where it could be wrong that I can think of is a scam where someone has to inivite other players for “free Robux” but hopefully Robloxs Moderation will make a system where it would automatically flag a text or image that says Robux in it.

3 Likes

It wasn’t a question of ToS but more of morality and responsibility as a developer with influence.

Just because said feature allows that use case does not make it right.

6 Likes

Same here, but I strongly limit my friends list to people I need or want on my friends list, and those people are (thankfully) mature.

2 Likes

I mean where is the rule that doesn’t allow players to do this. It’s a tactic that has been used throughout many games like I said. It’s just a marketing tactic granted I think there should be a limit of invites per day to a player from another player.

1 Like

I literally just said, the arguments have not been about rule breaking. “It wasn’t a question of ToS…”

5 Likes

Small issue with this and the new cloud localization feature. I display a prompt after the window is closed saying who they invited and how many coins a user got, but now I have stuff like this on the website.

5 Likes

Is there any estimation on when this will be enabled again?

1 Like

It’s all in the replies. All you gotta do is scroll up a bit mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for bumping this but, I want to address this post.

If everyone had turned the invite message off, who would turn it back on? Really there is no reason for any to want to get spammed with join requests, it will render the feature useless. I think if it becomes so much of a problem for you, you should be able to turn this off yourself, otherwise it should be left on.

Its not dead, its just being fixed. In the OP it said there was something wrong with the Core scripts or something

1 Like

They’re planning on turning it back on within the next few days. Hopefully they’ll introduce something that’ll prevent spamming those alongside the fixes.

4 Likes

Is there any new information on re-enabling this feature? It’s been a month so I figured it’s worth asking :smiley:

7 Likes

Personally, I don’t plan on using this since it still doesn’t allow players to follow their friends into a non-start place of a universe, rendering the invite feature completely useless for my game.

Some front-page games on Roblox would most likely suffer from this problem too since some of them are multiplaced.

Perhaps the problem with non start places is the reason this was turned off, though I’m not sure.

5 Likes

Once they fix the Player.FollowUserId property then you can implement it yourself.

4 Likes

Any guesses on when it would be enabled again