[Disabled, See Update] New Experiences Have Team Create Enabled

Roblox will never listen to us, but i guess when we do start to leave they will care

2 Likes

I have a couple hundred published and an uncountable number that i’ve used as sketch pads and never saved — the bunch that are published are usually to have access to HTTPS / DataStore / etc

1 Like

This isn’t too big of a deal for now (since its only for new experiences) but many of us fear that it hints they may eventually cease our ability to turn off team create.

4 Likes

Yeah if they do that probably a lot of Devs will go on another platform, Roblox is digging his own grave this way

3 Likes

How do you make ‘test changes’ that you intend to undo/revert when team create is constantly saving your changes.

I’m always building stuff or changing scripts that I have no intent on saving, and I have been in situations in team create where I lost the ability to undo stuff or simply exit without saving.

This use case is very important to me: do stuff for 30 minutes or an hour, exit without saving. Intentionally.

You may be the only person. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I make duplicates of my builds/models when I’m testing things out to see if they work. If I don’t end up needing it, I just delete it.

1 Like

I’ve never seen so much complaining about a feature that you can literally turn off in seconds. To top it off, it’s in the Beta channel as currently when you create a new place, the option to turn it off is right there on the same screen. I’m all for positive feedback about beta features, you know beta features but all the showboating about quitting Roblox and how everyone hates this feature is just immature and toxic behavior here. If anyone is really going to quit over this, then that’s less toxic posting the rest of us have to read through about this. To each their own! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

TeamCreate is for teams. I have no team.

TeamCreate has longer loading times, unnecessary UI, and script editing issues from hell. These features should not be applied to me because I won’t get any use of the few pros TeamCreate has.

@knightmb1 The problem is that Beta features are eventually shipped out as real features. If nobody voices their concerns now it’ll be a permanent and non-toggleable feature.

8 Likes

That’s fine, you have a valid concern, so would I. We can all be civil here. :grinning:

This particular beta is that new experiences going forward will have team create enabled by default. For now, you’ll still be able to manually turn off Team Create on any experience.

@knightmb1 They made it clear they want Team Create to be the default workflow which is why some of us are concerned that they may eventually make it so that Team Create is enabled on all games permanently, even though they never mentioned that yet.

2 Likes

I share the concern, just not the outrage it generated here among some people. :melting_face:

3 Likes

I don’t have much to say here given that the other people in this thread have already what I wanted to say. This update really needs to be reverted.

I’ve already started various other projects outside of Roblox, which I’m pretty happy with as of now.

Each time an update like this happens, I get more of an incentive to develop less on Roblox and more on other projects off-platform.

I have a Roblox game that I’m working on, that I’ve been spending less time on when updates like this make it harder for me to develop on Roblox.

There are still things I want to reply to though.

I see too many people say this and I strongly disagree.

Every company wants money. Roblox is no different. We can’t be mad at Roblox because they want to make money like every other company does.

It is also not true that they only care about money. Otherwise, we wouldn’t be getting any updates at all.

I can list plenty of times where they have, though updates like this really makes me question whether making Roblox a part of my programming passion was a good decision.

Most of the time, Beta features eventually become features that we typically can’t turn off

Given the amount of backlash this one received, I doubt this update will last long.

4 Likes

I may as well give my own opinion.

Please make a toggle about turning it on for every game to OFF, and make this the default setting. I really don’t want to have to deal with sorting random baseplates, and I generally create a new baseplate whenever I make a GFX, this is going to add to the amount of places I have fast if I forget to turn the toggle off.

Also, I’m pretty sure this was removed a few years ago, but I cannot remember, but isn’t there a 200 games limit per non-Premium subscriber? I think it got axed when moving Builders Club over to Premium, but there may still be limits on how many games you can make, I’m not sure.

4 Likes

You can create an unlimited number of places, but as of right now I believe up to 200 at a time can be made public per account or per group and it no longer varies based on membership status.

In the past you could only have one public place by default and could increase it to 100 by buying OBC.

4 Likes

You don’t get the problem man! The thing is we all know that it’s only a beta feature and we can turn it off, but

That’s what we are scared of bro! We don’t want Team Create! It’s so buggy and only a few Devs use it! And they could’ve spent this time doing something the DEVS wanted and not what ROBLOX wants! They don’t listen to the community, we wanted LOCAL Studio but they give us ONLINE Studio, now you get the problem? We are not gonna stop complaining until Roblox LISTENS to us Devs that LITERALLY KEEP THE PLATFORM ALIVE so now do you get the problem?

4 Likes

If we did not give our feedback Roblox would not be what it is today, there are many updates that we did not like so we gave our feedback and guess what, they no longer are a thing!

3 Likes

Thanks for telling me! Because of what you said im now also rethinking about developing on Roblox.

3 Likes

I’m curious to hear about these features that can’t be turned off.

3 Likes

I dont know them by hart, but there are a couple dozen that cant be turned off

They are simply some features that are literally FORCED to the community and they can’t be turned off, beta features at a certain moment become permanent features

3 Likes