Disabling Premium Payouts for My Fan-Made Game

What’s the problem?

I’m planning to create a fan game on Roblox. This fan game is based on a game from a different company, not Roblox. The company allows fan games as long as they are non-commercial.

I want to create a fan game that people can play online together, but I don’t want to bear the cost of server hosting, so I intend to build the game on Roblox.

However, there’s a problem. On Roblox, when Premium players join a game, the game automatically earns Robux through Premium Payouts, even if the game developer doesn’t want it. This turns my project into a commercial activity.

I want to resolve this issue. I would like to remove the Premium Payout so that I don’t earn any Robux. I want to create the game legally and avoid any problems.

So, what do I want?

Is there a way to solve this problem? Is there a method to disable Premium Payouts? Even if it’s an unofficial or workaround method, I’m open to it.

Solution that I thought

The only solution I’ve thought of is to kick out all Premium users who join the game. But that feels unfair to those users. They wouldn’t want to cancel their Premium membership just to play my game.

Alternatively, could you tell me how many minutes a Premium player needs to stay in the game before the Premium Payout is triggered? If I know this, I could consider allowing them to stay in the game only for that duration before kicking them out. This might be a better solution.

Well, there is same question on forum. But there is no solution.
So I re-asking with new question, Premium Payout trigger time.

2 Likes

Problably the weirdest method ever.

So first the game will need to be under a group.
Then use the money you make and use the payout system to give it to random people in the group.
No one will notice you’re making money.

To do this rapidly, it might be possible with some weird API stuff and javascript.

I don’t do those kinds of things so idk.

Also, in group settings, you can toggle whether your group funds are visible. Combined with rapid payout systems, this should give the illusion you aren’t making any money.

2 Likes

People will know that I actually earning robux. even on group.
And I wanna show it made by me.

2 Likes