Disabling Premium Payouts

I was wondering if there is any way to disable or opt out of premium payouts from a game. Does anyone know how to do it if it is possible? This would be very helpful for me on a project I’m working on

1 Like

???

Why on Earth would you want to do that?

The only way is to make the game paid access, or I suppose you could kick all Premium players which is very bad UX.

If @BanTech is right then I recommend not using the licensed work. Even with kicking Premium players, there’s still a chance it could very slightly accumulate to 1 robux, or even less likely, your game might have a backdoor that a Premium player could have access to, which would make you profit off of them.

5 Likes

It raises some issues with some content licences for some open source software and other assets. If the licence forbids commercial work, then earning money from it could be breaching the licence.

2 Likes

I would assume they would do that so they don’t profit off of their game due to licensing reasons. (@BanTech explains it further above)

Anyways there’s no method from stopping Premium Payouts other than making your game paid access or banning Premium players (which also means banning most star creators).

1 Like

I want to work on a passion project but I don’t own the IP.

1 Like

Your going to get taken down anyways, I’d recommend making it different from the original game.

3 Likes

Well, I disagree that I would definitely get taken down. But, it is possible. However, I would remove the incentive for a company coming after me on the occasion that my game becomes popular. They wouldn’t stand to gain anything from pursuing legal action and the owners of the IP I plan to use have a history of not taking any action in these situations.

1 Like

Honestly, if that were the case, I just wouldn’t use the IP.

I understand it’s a passion project, but if you’re working on something, I would recommend having to worry about licensing problems every step of the way when making your game.

4 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, regarding to the TOS.

If you take the IP, and theres a risk that you violate it. (or if you dont even own the IP)

Your game can be taken down.

1 Like