Disabling shift lock

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to get the shift lock to get turned off and turned on a bit later.
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    There are no issues I have no idea how to do that.
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    Yes, I did. But all the solutions worked only after resetting.
    After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

Please do not ask people to write entire scripts or design entire systems for you. If you can’t answer the three questions above, you should probably pick a different category.

1 Like

Click StarterPlayer
go to its Properties

go to Controls
uncheck EnableMouseLockOption

3 Likes

Player object has a property named DevEnableMouseLock, determines whether the specific player is allowed to use ShiftLock. Player.DevEnableMouseLock

No, You guys didn’t understand. I want to disable it while playing a game not default. (With a script)
@iiSkyWarrior805 @Qinrir

then just use a script to disable it

local function Shiftlock(Enabled:boolean,Player:Player)
	Player.DevEnableMouseLock = Enabled
end

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
	Shiftlock(false,plr) -- false means it will be disabled true means it will be enabled
end)
1 Like

i really dont know why I used a function but eh

Have you looked into UserGameSettings ? Its the settings based on the esc menu.

This affects while they are playing, so you can directly change their settings by this method, using a LocalScript.

1 Like

You didn’t get what I needed. I want to disable shiftlock While playing the game and then re enabling it.

DUDE cant you script? huh? just enable it again! how hard is it? its not CSS or C#

I did and it didn’t work. It disabled the shift lock After I reset.

yea cause thats not possible you cant just disable shiftlock midgame unless you make your own shiftlock or use a custom one idk

You can some games figured it out.

cause they use custom shiftlocks!

Maybe stop the shiftlock rotating the player?

Nope, they don’t I will tell you an example. YBA

By the way, what I sent before was not the default from StarterPlayer. It is a property of Player that determines whether the player is allowed to use ShiftLock without needing to reset. Have you tried this yet?

for i, v in pairs(Players:GetPlayers()) do
    v.DevEnableMouseLock = false
end

Sure, will try that right now. Thanks.

pretty sure that wont work (cause of errors) i encountered one

See but the problem is it disabled shift lock but my mouse was stuck in the middle and my character was still rotating while moving my mouse.