DiscoBytez V.2.5.1. Application Center

DiscoBytez V.2.5.1 - Open Sourced

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST IS MADE FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! DiscoBytez is known to have vulnerabilities & other issues as well. Again use at your own risk!

Hello, you may have noticed or have heard about DiscoBytez before. I have decided to make a developer forum post about this that will showcase and explain on what DiscoBytez is and what it can do to help your business.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS TEXT TUTORIAL IS OUTDATED AS OF 1/2/21 PLEASE VISIT OUR VIDEO TUTORIAL CLICK HERE. TEXT TUTORIAL FOR V3 COMING SOON.

DiscoBytez is operated using the M.I.T. License agreement, you can find this license in all of our DiscoBytez application center videos. Such as V.2. or V.3.

What is DiscoBytez?

DiscoBytez is a free, roblox to discord application center, we use roblox to discord API, to work our roblox application centers, best of all we’re one of the few free roblox application center companies who inspired open-sourcing for roblox application centers! DiscoBytez doesn’t rely on a application dashboard website, but relies on Discord & Roblox Webhooks.

Benefits for using DiscoBytez

• Always, free
  • Open-Sourced
  • Easy to set-up and use
  • No Watermark
  • Credits are not mandatory
  • Roblox To Discord API
  • No Website Login Required

DiscoBytez V.2.5.1. Tutorial.

Before you begin this tutorial, please make sure you have the following.

• Discord
  • Roblox Studio Installed

If this tutorial doesn’t clarify or help you, please watch our visual videos by clicking here.

If you have an older version of DiscoBytez that you would like to receive core updates still, or would like to see update change logs please click here.

Alright let's begin!

Step 1: Go to this link: Disco-Bytez (Open-Source Application Center) - Roblox, and click the 3 dots near the title, Roblox Studio should appear.

Step 2: Once you have loaded into ROBLOX studio, make sure that you have atleast the “Explorer” and the “Properties” tab open, this will allow you to edit the gui and the scripts. You can enable the “Properties” tab and the “Explorer” tab by clicking the “View” tab in the studio toolbar.

Step 2.5: Once, you have setted up the properties window, and the explorer window, it is time to start the DiscoBytez setup process. In the Explorer window scroll down until you see the Surface GUI section, once you are on the section click the “>” dropdown arrow next to Surface GUI. This will allow you to expand the contents of the Surface GUI.

Fantastic, the easy part begins!

Step 3: Once, you have expanded the dropdown arrow from Surface GUI expand the arrow in RequestGUI, then double click the the script called “DiscoBytezCustomizer”. Once you have double clicked the DiscoBytez Customizer script, you are greeted with a Welcome Message. The DiscoBytez Customizer, is a script that will allow new users to edit colors, questions, and sending-text with little to no effort involved.

To change colors on the DiscoBytez Customizer side, you would need to use an RGB code, we recommend W3Schools HTML Color Picker, however you may use any sort of RGB color picker website.

(Please note, that DiscoBytez doesn’t have any sort of Development Documentation at the moment but we are currently developing our documentation for developers and advanced users, and questions can’t be removed nor added the max and minimum questions is 8. I will explain why later in this tutorial.)

Step 4: Once, you are all done, it is time to minimize Roblox Studio, and go to your Discord server where you would like the applications to be sent to. Make sure to create the Discord Channel, or have located the text-channel, that you would like to be sent too.

For this case, I’m going to name a new channel and call it #submitted-applications.

For security, I recommend you making this a private channel, that way only the roles you choose on the private channel, can see the submitted applications.

Step 5: Once, you’re all done creating a new channel or locating your text-channel, it is time to setup the webhook bot. On Discord, click the gear icon this will allow you to edit the text-channel.

You will be redirected to the edit channel screen, when you are here, click the button “Intergrations”.

Then click the button “Create Webhook”.

You will then appear on this screen. I recommend, changing the name and picture of your bot to separate from the rest, but you don’t need to change the picture, or the name if you prefer not too.

Click the button called “Copy Webhook URL”, then go back to Roblox Studio. Make sure to click the button “Save Changes” in Discord.

All most done!

Step 6: Once, you have setted up the Discord Webhook bot, go back to Roblox Studio, you may close out of the DiscoBytez Customzier script, since we don’t need it anymore. Go to your Explorer tab, and go to the section called “ServerScriptService”

Then double click the CloudHub script, the CloudHub allows roblox to discord to communicate with each other using HTTPService.

Delete the default URL, and replace the URL with your Webhook ID URL.

Step 7: Once, you have completed replacing the URL with your Webhook ID URL, it’s time for the final step! Which is publishing your roblox application center, you may publish it to your profile or to your group for this tutorial, I’m going to publish this application center to my group.

(Click on File, then click on Publish to Roblox)

(Edit the information about the place then click create)

(Lastly, make sure that you make your Roblox Application Center public!)

DiscoBytez Q&A

• Q - Why can’t new users add or remove questions?

• A - Adding or removing questions is simply complicated, it is extremely possible that you can add questions, however you would have to edit DiscoBytez mainframe itself. We noticed that this has been an issue, and we’re currently working with the developers to make documentation or allow for easier removal or adding of questions on DiscoBytez.

• Q - How can we thank DiscoBytez?

• A - You can thank us by crediting us on your game description, however this isn’t mandatory once again but it really helps spread the word about this amazing service!

• Q - Where can I find Developer Documentation for DiscoBytez?

• A - We’re currently in the works in making Developer Documentation for DiscoBytez, we plan on releasing it soon in our next developer post.

• Q - How can I contact you if I need more assistance?

• A - We have a support Discord, but we can’t provide the invite link on the Development Forums, but you can access our invite link on any of our DiscoBytez Application Tutorials in the video description.

42 Likes

I don’t need an app center, but thanks for making this! I forgot that application centers are in demand for small groups. This will be useful for them.

4 Likes

No problem! I’m very happy you enjoyed this post!

I have made this post, to hopefully spread the word out about DiscoBytez, we’re one of the very few companies that allow open sourced application centers, especially a freeware company too! We appreciate your complement!

Will there ever be a auto rank option? For example, create an account like MyCenter and have it join groups that want it. When you accept this application it would rank them to the rank that is selected.

1 Like

There will be a auto-rank option soon, in our next update, V.3.0. We haven’t yet enabled or developed the feature since we only currently have 1 active developer, however we are hiring volunteer developers, to help develop this feature and we’re also planning to partner with another roblox opensource company to also help with this feature.

Thanks for that suggestion! @ZonixGod

2 Likes

This is a great resource for developers who do not know how to create an application centre! This would be of great essence to group owners who do not know development that well. I also agree with @ZonixGod, because an auto-promotion system would be quite nice to have, especially if you have a very popular group.

1 Like

I do not see why you’d really use this over other more advanced services such as MyCenter, and the other application platforms. does this have any features that they do not?

1 Like

I agree, I think it would need something different than the others to be used.

1 Like

I agree with your statement, DiscoBytez does have the similar features from MyCenter as well as other ROBLOX application companies, we have received feedback over the years about new features that we should add that would be different from previous roblox application centers.

The thing is that it’s hard, developing for a service that is completely free, and only has about one developer working on the project. However, that doesn’t mean that it isn’t impossible.

We separate from the rest however, for providing the following.

• Open-Sourced
    Could be important, if you would like to see how this roblox to discord application center works. Or if you would like to create something similar to our service.

• No Creditation Required
    We don’t need any credit from users who use our service, because we want our users to experience the best from our company

• No Website Account Login or Account Creation Required
    We have realized that users may seem uncomfortable creating an account on a external website. Since, they would have to worry about multiple factors such as remembering their password and username.

• Greater Uptime
    We use Roblox To Discord, to allow submitted applications to only go through discord. This allows us to achieve a greater uptime then the rest you can search for uptime on Google.

• Privacy
    One of the great thing’s about DiscoBytez is privacy, DiscoBytez doesn’t collect any data other than a roblox username so DiscoBytez can identify the applicant and is all collected through the business application discord channel, we do have an analytics system in DiscoBytez that only collects what application centers are working, this is useful if the user who is having problems with our application center and getting help via support. This is also ment as a ping service to check if an application center is operating correctly as it should. However this feature has now been depreciated and we’re currently removing this feature to all of our application centers.

• Pro-service
    We provide a free service called Pro-Service, this service allows users to submit their ideal application center to us, and we will create it for free, and the user doesn’t have to do any work other then filling out information about what they would like the application to be.

(This doesn’t mean that any other service, doesn’t have greater uptime, the post that i’m trying to make is that we only use 2 services, for communication for roblox application centers)

I have spoken to numerous developers over the years, to bring more ideas to the table such as auto-bot and more. We plan on doing this in the future, it’s actually in development right now, again one of the issues is that we don’t make any robux, and we don’t have volunteers to help however, currently we’re working with a ROBLOX open-sourced application center developer, to bring the auto-rank to DiscoBytez.

If you have any more questions, comments or concerns, please reply I’ll be more than happy to reply back!

I like the design of it, but I would like to warn you that with your webhook URL in there, anyone could use an app and speak as your webhook you have set in the script. I recommend removing the URL from the script or removing your webhook, to refrain from people spamming your Discord server using the webhook.

1 Like

Hello, first and foremost I’d like to apologize for not reading your response, I don’t come on the developer forum a lot,

Second of all, thank you for finding this vulnerability out, I will let our developers know ASAP so we can fix the problem, we are glad you enjoyed you enjoyed the DiscoBytez roblox application center UI.

Have a pleasant day.

Hello there! I’ve taken a look at the system and noticed that inputted text isn’t filtered.
All inputted text should be sent through Roblox’s filtering service, especially when sending user inputted text to a third party application. These resources are opened sourced so developers who use the system should be able to add filtering on their own, but for inexperienced programmers this may hard for them.

Under Section II of the Roblox Community Rules, filtering of all user inputted text is mandatory:

a :

Here are some resourceful developer API’s referring on how to filter text:

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/Chat/FilterStringForBroadcast

Here are other posts that are made by others where I am referring from:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/why-must-the-roblox-filter-apply-to-discord-webhook-reports/59715/3?u=math_luascript
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/why-must-the-roblox-filter-apply-to-discord-webhook-reports/59715?u=math_luascript

Here are other posts that I’ve made where I am referring from:

1 Like

Thank you so much, for bringing this to my attention. I’ll DM the developers, and let them know about this issue for an emergency hotfix.

Thank you once again!

Hello, I just wanted to give you an update, we have fixed the chat-filtering issue, we have now published it to V3. Disco-Bytez (Open-Source Application Center) - Roblox

1 Like

As a staff team here at the DiscoBytez support team, I really love it. I think things like these are one of the primary reasons why I love doing what I do, helping people. I, myself, will always use, and will continue to use DiscoBytez application services, I currently find it too hard to find free, open-sourced, and active application centers. I really recommend DiscoBytez, If you would prefer a simple, reliable, and efficient way to manage your projects. I feel like this is what makes my experience here as a DiscoBytez support team, better.

1 Like

Hello, I just wanted to see if there is a new version of DiscoBytez…
And when do you think you will be able to remove/add questions?

Hi! Wizardly, there is currently a new version called ‘v.3.’ which provides greater ui options for our customers as well as new features that were also implemented as well.
Here is the link of the YouTube Tutorial: (How to Make an Application Center System 2021-2022 (NO TRELLO!) | DiscoBytez V.3 - YouTube). Here is also the new link for the V.3. (Disco-Bytez (Open-Source Application Center) - Roblox) however this link should be updated on this fourm post here.

Also, to answer your question about adding and removing questions, well to put it simply it is almost there for DiscoBytez. As a matter a fact, I am approving an application center made by one of our users to be used as our official release, this brings a new format and also the ability to add / remove questions. I will probably wont be creating a YouTube Tutorial for this because the application center for adding and removing questions (V.3.5.) is more simpler and easier to use.

If you would like to get updated when we release this new version, I recommend joining our Discord, which is in all of our YouTube Videos on DiscoBytez. You can find it in the pinned comment or in the video description.

Thank you again for using our service, we hope we can provide you with this new update soon!

To remove the @everyone ping you would have to do something like this:

F2.TextBox.Text = "\n@everyone```\n\n["..F2.T1.Text.."]\n"..F2.TextBox.Text.."\n["..F3.T1.Text.."]\n"..F3.TextBox.Text.."\n["..F4.T1.Text.."]\n"..F4.TextBox.Text.."\n["..F5.T1.Text.."]\n"..F5.TextBox.Text.."\n["..F6.T1.Text.."]\n"..F6.TextBox.Text.."\n["..F7.T1.Text.."]\n"..F7.TextBox.Text.."\n["..F8.T1.Text.."]\n"..F8.TextBox.Text.."\n["..F9.T1.Text.."]\n"..F9.TextBox.Text.."\n \nThis Application was generated with DiscoBytez.```"

Remove the

"\n@everone```\n\n

and move the Quotation mark inside of the square brackets to the outside

But I am not 100% sure you should probably wait until @zachjelly either confirms this post or reply’s to your post.

v3.2 is releasing later today, and that issue will be fixed. v3.2 has been released!

for now, do what @pinchpotmonster said along with going into “CloudHub” and removing the “@everyone” from the first few lines

2 Likes

Attention for all users! We have created a new version of this application center called “v.3.2.” which is now launched for all users of DiscoBytez, the game link is still the same, and has been updated. Tommrow, I will provide a text tutorial with the updated details since this app tutorial is a bit datey. And I will link it to my reply on this post.

2 Likes