Discord-roblox verification system!

Made a discord-roblox verification system :slight_smile:

If you have any feedback, feel free to tell me in replies!

23 Likes

I think this looks great. I haven’t yet seen a verifying bot where you send it a friend request. I personally think a friend request is better than Bloxlink, where you have to put a certain message into your about page.

7 Likes

Good job on making it , but it has its own faults. As @Tigerism told it could lead to impersonation and is easily manipulatable . If would be better if you followed the method most Verification bots do : Code Verification system or Join game verification system or you could make a new system for that which you think would be more reliable than sending friend request.

With this friendship check , it would limit the players who can be verified to 200 (Max friends) , If you try using multiple accounts it would become a pain.

2 Likes

I haven’t thought of this kind of impersonation, to make someone else actually send the friend request, I’ll write info about it in the CBverify account’s bio, so everyone who goes on it can see it.

It wouldn’t, via website you can send request even though you have 200 friends, and the bot will decline it by default, so no error can occur there whatsoever

1 Like

I love this idea and i would use it if i could at D&R.

If you’d like to get the bot, feel free to contact me at Paige#3198, I’ll most likely be treating it as public bot

1 Like

Lol no, if this is done correctly, it could make it even more difficult for someone to impersonate another user. One huge thing that could be done would be to write in the description of the bot account something along the lines of “Do not send me a friend request unless you are trying to verify your account, someone may be trying to impersonate you!”. This would arguably make it even more difficult to impersonate someone. Also, did you even watch the video? Nowhere in the video is the bot sending you a friend request, in the video it demonstrates you sending the bot a friend request.

1 Like

Well since , its having an auto unfriending system its gonna prevent that. With that being added I don’t see any issues good job!

1 Like

Amazing creation. I like this much better than changing my status/description. It’s quick, easy to do and works! Job well done! If we decide to invite your bot, is it possible to edit the prefix? Also, are you thinking to release the source code anytime soon on Github?

Thanks, u_ndaunted.

Prefix isn’t customizable yet, but that’s a matter of 5 minutes, I’ll sure add it today!

3 Likes

I’m going to be a bit reckless here and say I hope most 13+ people are able to read a message that contains “NOT” in caps right below where they are clicking

1 Like

They better learn to, in that case.

1 Like

Well, if you’re going to be impersonating someone “big” (because why would you impersonate some random small user), I assume said “big” person would have the brainpower to read that.

1 Like

Seems like an interesting authentication method could definitely see this being used for good.

1 Like

This would simply indicate they’re friends, why would friends impersonate each other (without each others permission which there’s nothing to do against? I’ll also change the display name of the bot to something that tells you to read the about section. There’s no way that can be missed.

Another thing I forgot to mention, you keep talking about bloxlink, but almost everyone who I know uses game verification and not the description code when using bloxlink. This is just as unsafe as my method, there’s no difference. Actually if you think it through and some handy person would try to impersonate someone, they could even get your http link that you’re using to transfer the data to the game, thus could verify any discord account with any roblox account…

This is completely irrelevant to what I said, you must be connecting from discord to roblox somehow, no? Via a http (a link), if someone gets that link, they can send any data they want to it.

Most people also don’t send friend requests to accounts that tell them to read their about section in their name which says not to send a friend request unless verifying.

I have a few questions

1. How can I use it?
  2. Can you bind group roles?
  3. Can you bind badges?
  4. Can I do !update @everyone without paying a fee?