Discord Webhook Proxy

Is this incompatible with normal bots?

3 Likes

No! I plan to keep this running for as long as it gets used.

5 Likes

I have implemented sufficient rate limiting to keep it within Discord’s limits.

I’m also currently looking at developing a solution which could aid people in logging their game logs which would obviously allow for more flexibility from the developer perspective.

3 Likes

This is compatible with Discord webhooks. It is doesn’t work with Discord bots if that’s what you’re asking.

3 Likes

Sorry, didn’t notice that part of your post. Glad that respecting rate limits is being encouraged!

3 Likes

Of course! I understand totally that there are much better and much more suitable solutions to logging, but Discord webhooks are a service that many use for other purposes as well as logging so this solution is really for them, but any usage is welcomed!

3 Likes

Thank you so much, this was a very helpful fix!

4 Likes

I’ve just switched the servers for this service to allow for expansion. The transition is already completed and no requests were dropped/lost. The previous IPs, networks and servers will continue to operate until no more requests are being received to them. This is to allow for all Roblox’s servers to get up to date with the new DNS records.

The service remains the exact same, just informing you of the change under the hood. Once the expansion has fully completed, the service will have double the capacity. :slight_smile:

Thought I’d also use this opportunity to say thanks for all of your kind words about how this service is helping you. :heart:

5 Likes

First of all, thank you for making this it’s very helpful. But how do I see the info above in-game?

3 Likes

Take a look at the Response headers on Roblox Developer for documentation on how to retrieve the response headers:
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/HttpService/RequestAsync

You’ll get them in the Headers dictionary.

3 Likes

What is the current amount of maximum headers that you are allowed in a single request window? (Sorry for the necropost.)

Also, did I mention this proxy is an absolute life saver?

3 Likes

If you’re talking about “fields”, you can use 25.

3 Likes

Update: Roblox recently banned this proxy as well.

4 Likes

I can confirm this is false, the proxy still works. See this from today (12/11/2021):

Kindly take your misinformation elsewhere, please.
Edit: it was just a misunderstanding, see below replies.

6 Likes

Strange, because I tried it and it didn’t work…

3 Likes

I just checked again, and possibly I did something wrong. It does works.

4 Likes

Oh, okay. Sorry for the misunderstanding, then. Hope this proxy helps you out.

3 Likes

Does this actually prevent our discord accounts from getting deleted? I just really wanna be safe haha, thanks. (I’ve been using this for months, but I still kinda want to know lol)

2 Likes

This is amazing, hands down the best way of doing it.

2 Likes

It complies with the ratelimits that Discord set, so isn’t against Developer Terms of Service.

2 Likes