Discord/Studio Rich Presence Plugin [OPEN-SOURCE]

I have just tried it, same error with me. I will try installing the ‘got’ module and report back if it works.

So, after some tweaking I got it to work. You have to install the module manually. Also, when you install the plugin you have to keep it Enabled off. This idea is pretty good but very unstable and should use some refactoring.

You also have to create a file in the same directory named “userid.txt” with just your userid in there.

I’m aware of the bugs that have been brought up recently along with some annoyances and will put some work into fixing them tomorrow

Bro, you good…? Did you get hacked or something?

1 Like

Yep hacked please ignore anything that’s sent here until further notice.

Lots of bug fixes, UI fixes, and timestamps!

Features

• Timestamps

Fixes

• UI files
  • Enabled/Disabled reacts correctly on startup

Available here.

After a rather large period of absence, we’re back with an update:

Frame scrolling, Plugin Button addition

Features

• Main Scrolling for smaller monitors (Thanks to @nana_kon)
  • Save Closed/Open status of the plugin
  • Added button to open DRPC in the Plugins tab

Available here.

Planned Features

• Roblox Client Status
  • Building/UI Designing status choices
  • More intuitive variable usage design
  • (DOUBTFUL) Rojo integration
  • Small Image selection from a pre-set icon list

Known Bugs

• Plugin doesn’t save data when Studio disconnects or crashes, will implement routine saving in the next release.
  • Text Boxes (Especially for button url’s) are too small for text to be seen, they’ll be made scrollable in the next release.
3 Likes

Hey, a constructive question here. How exactly does this compare with roPresence and why should I use this instead? I have no idea what the difference is between the two and I generally want to know.

When a script isn’t open it displays “$SCRIPT_NAME” … txt
Might be cool if you change that to “No Script Open” or something like that!

Edit: roPresence provides an .exe version in their releases but not a .app version, which pushes people from using it if they are using macOS and does not happen to have any sort of programming knowledge, well, just knowledge about using the terminal.

Though, while this one also requires some sort of knowledge about using the terminal, it is at least much easier to understand considering the thread of it just provides a download link to the .exe file, but not the repository itself.

Edit 2: apparently the GitHub repository of roPresence mentioned that it is only supported in Windows, so…

1 Like

After using this for a hot minute, I have a couple of things to say about it.

1, You can’t toggle the Roblox plug-in menu after closing it.
2, The settings do not save no matter what.
3, When clicking a rich presence button on Discord it doesn’t open the tab. [This might be on my end].

If you fix some of these things I think more peope would install it!

This is pretty much because of Discord. While you (yourself) cannot click the buttons in the rich presence, others can. Seems a bit weird but ¯_(ツ)_/¯

About the rest, I’ll submit a pull request.

This is rather meant for In-Studio presence, support for in-game presence does not yet exist for this project.

Regarding number 1, there’s a button in plugins to re-open it. 3 is a discord client issue, 2 will be fixed in the next release.

Hello, I am having trouble setting up the server and I keep getting this error code:

I have node.js installed tho I don’t know if I installed it right. Could anyone help me out?

If you have already run the command “npm i” to set up the packages, run “node index.js” which will start the server.
Your issue is that you are combining the “npm i” and “node index.js” commands together.

2 Likes

If you want it to auto start on boot and run in the background then use pm2

After you installed it, launch command prompt, or terminal (for Macs) on the folder and type this

pm2 start index.js

or

pm2 start index.js --name [NAME]

and then do

pm2 startup
pm2 save

then you can now close the command prompt and it will stay in the background

If you need to see the logs, do pm2 logs or pm2 logs [NAME] Replace [NAME] with your process name

2 Likes

I don’t like the fact that we can’t paste our userid into the cmd prompt… And is there any way to make it possible?

I found a way around it by editing the index.js code

You should be able to simply right click in the command prompt, if you want to fix it/remove userid entirely feel free to submit a PR, I’m far too busy to maintain this.

1 Like