Dislike Botting

Hey, the botting came from tablets for me too. But how?

2 Likes

Maybe there is something weird. Maybe tablets are easier to break into perhaps?

2 Likes

However (this is not coming from me but a person who used to bot his game.) There is a way to make the roblox client think your on a tablet when really your on a PC. I have not seen it just heard it. This could be the case.

3 Likes

Likely just the easiest API to exploit, or the devs just threw a dart on a spinning wheel. Your guess is as good as mine.

2 Likes

To be Honest. That makes a lot more sense.

1 Like

Here’s a solid idea to stop people from dislike botting: force the player to have an active session for at least 5-10 minutes before being able to like or dislike. Then, the developer can choose to implement a whole array of options from captchas to simple ping tests. The only disadvantage with this method is that scam games that have been floating around like the little bateria they are may kick players just before the 5-10 minute mark, but there’s always the report button for that.

From there, Roblox can make a more solid defense from these botters. My solution would be to add a function, that once called by the server, will allow the player to vote and use chat features, killing two birds with one stone.

8 Likes

This happened because a new service offered free trial credit.

1 Like

Or just do what you have to do to join a group/chat on a group. “Are you a bot?”

2 Likes

Why can’t reCaptcha be added to liking and disliking?

9 Likes

I don’t know, it’s been in feature request a few times too

2 Likes

Also bumping this back up, my game has received an insane amount of dislikes pretty recently and it has been devastating. Roblox still needs to fix this it has been years and no new changes have had a long term effect.

2 Likes

The only advice I can give you is to just ask Roblox support and republish your game, making the old one just a teleporting redirect. Sort of ridiculous that this has been a problem for so long.

2 Likes

The issue is there is an easy fix. However. Roblox is aware of the latest issue and Said “we have reported our Roblox engineers to bring such an option for developers for botting concerns.”

Do you have a link to this quote?

It was an Email.

Of course they wouldn’t do anything

1 Like

If you contacted them via their support page i’d put my money on that being automated. I’d try devrelations@roblox.com.

I don’t think that’s what the devrel email should be used for, because it’s not a devrel issue to fix. You’d just be clogging up their inbox and eventually be redirected back to support / this feature request category.

In my experience botted ratings get automatically removed once every so often.

3 Likes

My most popular game that spent almost 6 months in development however just a week or so ago it got botted from 91% to 49% in less than an hour:

What annoyed me most was the customer service response I received after inquiring about how something like this could’ve happened:

Not even my username was mentioned and it felt like a carbon copy reply, which feels odd given Roblox’s generally good support but I thought a problem like this would be solvable, apparently it isn’t.

5 Likes

You’re right. That’s a pretty good temporary solution.

1 Like