Distinguish Developer Hub Site Icon From Dev Forums Icon

As a developer, I like to keep Developer Hub articles open as I work for quick reference. I usually also have the Dev forums open, sometimes even on multiple tabs.

It’s just a minor annoyance, but I very frequently mistake Dev Forum tabs as Dev Hub tabs, and trying to find the right page can take me twice as long as it actually should.

See this example:

Can you tell at a glance which ones are from the Forums, and which are from the Dev Hub?

Even with the titles, you can’t.

Changing the icon would help distinguish documentation from discussion, and would make the lives of many multi-tasking developers a little bit easier.

35 Likes

Agreed…

1 Like

Still bugging me. It would be a little better if the title was at least something like "Forums - " as opposed to just the article title.

Example for DevForum:

Example for DevHub:

1 Like

It’s still possible it could end up like this:
Having a different logo would be better.

1 Like

Yeah, of course. But for a temporary solution I just thought that changing the title is a lot easier.

1 Like

It’s even worse when you install the DevForum website as a PWA, suddenly you can’t tell apart actual Studio from the DevForum :confused:

2 Likes

After a long while, I’ve made a ticket for this – I’ll see if I can push this through the ranks. In the meantime you could use a custom browser script using an extension (e.g. TamperMonkey, Greasemonkey) to change the favicon for just yourself. I will update this thread when any movement happens.

1 Like

when you do this, you don’t see, what is what, the problem is, that dev forum articles can have same name (or similar) as on hub

Please, my bookmarks bar is dying. I’m sure something can be done to differentiate the favicons.

Pages have their title prepended now though, which is better. But my bookmarks bar…
These pages are create.roblox.com, devforum.roblox.com, and developer.roblox.com. This is important since Roblox is really pushing to get different services on different subdomains. How long until talent.roblox.com has the same icon too?

6 Likes