Do lots of meshparts cause performance issues?

I’m making a very large game and I was curious as to whether lots and lots of meshparts (100k+) will cause any performance issues, aside from the poly count. These are all very low poly meshes, but I have a LOT of them so I was curious if that was going to be a problem. Please let me know if I’m posting this in the wrong section or if there are any similar topics I missed, I’m kind of new to posting on here.

3 Likes

Meshparts dont cause that much lag. So you will probably be fine.

1 Like

Your game might be performance heavy when your Meshes, Unions, Wedges have Triangle Count beyond 100.

You can see this value in the Property Tab > Search “Triangle”.

1 Like

Only unions have that value I believe. I can still view the tri count in blender or something though. But I’m referring to performance issues caused by meshparts themselves rather than the triangle count. For example, would it be slower to have 100 meshparts of 10 triangles rather than 10 meshparts of 100 triangles?

Oh sorry!
both will be a performance heavy but;

10 meshparts but have 100 triangle counts still the laggy one unless they are placed on different places in your map

As long as the player joined and the 10 meshparts with 100 triangles is on their Range, the player would lag.

100 meshparts with 10 trianges would slightly lag but after the loading phase all the lags would be erased.

3 Likes

Alright thank you, my game will have streaming enabled so I should be fine either way.

1 Like