Do not spam "Remote event invocation queue exhausted" output messages

In some cases, a fan or someone will tell you there’s a broken server, your game loop or whatever isn’t running because a major script broke. Sounds easy to fix, just got to see the error. Go into check it out, and you find this for as far as output can see, and it’s only continuing to absolutely spam output. The thing is, this normally doesn’t happen when your game works, but something really strange happened to some remote events and now your entire output is spammed.

Please add some kind of cache system so that it only spams this once and then uses a (x1000) to indicate how many times it would have been printed. No body needs to see this, we all need to see output for as far as it can go to find errors and fix them asap.

12 Likes

This spamming also results in the client crashing 100% of the time after a good 5 minute or so of this spamming a lot, not to mention it drops framerates from 60 down to 1 in like 10 seconds. I think the same thing will happen even if (x1000) replaced the message.

My idea has always been to disable the Console completely for everyone in-game, including developers, or have an option to only display an error message once and never show a message that is the exact same again.

3 Likes

I would also like to add that there are other output messages that cause the same negative effect as in the OP.

2 Likes