Do u guys like my first low poly?

Hello guys so i made my own lowpoly building (i just started with lowpoly so it would be a bit uhh how to say it… Ugly?) Anyways thats the lowpoly building i made

18 Likes

As your first foray into low poly building, it’s a good start. I don’t know much about low poly but I’ll help the best I can.

I’d suggest making the door taller (seven studs, maybe?), and also you should add some lanterns or lights of some kind, preferably around the door. You may also want to use materials. Low poly doesn’t always mean “cartoony.”

6 Likes

Hey there @BoomboxDeveloper

Amazing build this is, but maybe the door could be improved by making it taller and adding maybe some more detail to lighting.

Also, another thing is, you could make the white in the windows change to;

Neon > Yellow/Light Orange

Otherwise for your first low-poly build, this is great and amazing.
Keep up the great work, fellow Boombox Developer.

3 Likes

I also recommend using this tutorial as it helps ALOT;

3 Likes

It looks good, maybe if you change the material too:
Smooth plastic
Reflectance 0.1 or 0.2
It would look much better. Right now its reminding me off old Roblox Builds.

As you can see I have highlighted a few places in the image. Below i’ll explain the colours too you.

Red

Try change your studs/increment and try make the brown wood go down and cover up the orange so you don’t see a weird gap.

Purple

Add more style too the door something similar to this:

Green

Make the shutters look more like shutters rather than using a square. This means add detail to it and make it a bit thicker.

Orange

The windows frame bottom part could stick out and you could change the windows glass to a neon at a colour yellow and transparency 0.1 - 0.4.

Further more you could make the roof look less flat, you can do this by getting a part rotating it and making it thick enough to give out that low poly truiangular roof.

Add a bottom like this:
Almost like a skirting board.

10 Likes

@hmCorporation That tutorial looks like it would be harder to apply in a Roblox Studio environment.

But as hmCorporation said previously, the door is quite squished. Allow more space by stretching it upwards.
You could also try to make those shutters more thicker.

But that is a good start, keep improving and you’ll reach perfection!

EDIT: If you’re ever unsure about your flat shading (low poly) design then google for examples which you’re trying to go for. It will help you to get what you want in the end.

2 Likes

@uJordy Yes, I know it might look hard in studio therefore I’m suggesting he can play around with Blender too! :wink:

@BoomboxDeveloper If you have any problems, don’t be scared to ask, we’re here to help.

2 Likes

He’s not telling me his errors, in a previous post he said he was having problems with blender. I don’t think he wants to learn how to 3d model which means he will struggle with future low poly assets.

1 Like

Looks really nice, just keep on learning and you will be making good ones but this is the first start doe!!!

Its not bad for your first low poly building. I feel like the bottom section of the house could use some windows too

2 Likes

For your first low poly, it looks great. I hope you continue to work on it.

1 Like

It is indeed a good start for begginers! Keep up the good work! :+1:

1 Like

This advice isn’t really for specifically low poly building, but I’d suggest using it from now on.

Use a scale (you can even use your own character if wish or you could simply make one out of bricks) to understand how large or small props and builds should be. The door looks to be roughly 6.5 studs wide, a Robloxian is 4 studs wide. Assuming this is a normal house with a normal-sized door, I would suggest having your door be 4.5-5 studs wide and 6-6.5 studs tall(since a Robloxian is 5 studs tall).

The windows also appear to be oddly large, in my opinion. I’d suggest cutting down both the width and height by .5-1 stud each.

1 Like

Is it finished?

Legit question

2 Likes

That is a low-poly build? Sure it has low-polygons, but all games on Roblox are like that. My advice is not to rush, practice, learn how to use Blender, and angle your builds. Good luck!

1 Like

Speaking about the current build, it’s not that bad for a starter. Keep practicing the builds and eventually you can create something greater or beyond imagination.

Blender is definitely an amazing tool for low poly builds, I might test creating some buildings using it later. :slight_smile:

If you’re thinking about some terrains, search for a plugin in Roblox that can aid you with triangular terrains.

3 Likes

love it! keep trying your best, you will improve over time. reccomend you use blender if you don’t. it’s awesome and easy to cope with. there are a lot of tutorials!

2 Likes

i like it but i will say something

the details where the door is are lacking quite a lot
the green shutters look a bit off

but other than those 2 things i think it’s pretty good for a first attempt

1 Like

Hey there, one more thing to add,

The shutters could be more bigger and more looking like the windows, this is adding to the comment above.

1 Like

I like it, but, you should add a bit more details to the door. Keep up the great work!

1 Like