Do you think this game would take off?

Hello, my name is StarJ3M/StarJam, or just Star or for short. (storjem real). You may have seen me around the forums, either messing around or just replying to or making post, usually in #development-discussion, #resources:community-tutorials, and #help-and-feedback:scripting-support. I have a game idea In mind, that is supposed to tell the story of a Noob trying to defeat a hacker.

Plot

The protagonist and only playable character of the game, Nob notices that in the morning, a suspicious and shadowy figure is lurking around the Script Totems. They begin to get closer to the building doors, and they rush in, Nob knows that something is wrong, and so he gets out of bed, grabs his slingshot, and runs outside towards the scene. The Figure runs away with a script, but Nob shoots at the Figure, his shots accidently collide with the Script, and the Script explodes with a burst of light, knocking down Nob and the suspicious individual. Smaller versions of the script fly away into different regions of Blox-World, the Figure runs away, and that’s just the start of the impeccable journey that we now know as, Script Quest.

Basically, it’s going to work similar to SM64, except I’m going to incorporate more dialogue characters and possibly have a more in-depth story. So, it’s pretty much an RPG Game.

The player will have to go through different maps and doing missions while doing some exploration to find “Script Fragments”, when you collect all eight of them, it will form into a script. The player will now be able to use a new type of power up, which most power-ups will be based off of giving the player more Mobility, Power, and more.

2 Likes

Hey, @StarJ3M

I have not seen very many story based single player games take off on this platform, Please correct me if I’m wrong! However This is something that doesn’t really allow friends to play together, which is a good and bad thing. I will not lie most of Roblox is based around connecting friends together and having fun, therefore mutliplayer/co-op eventful games are more likely in my opinion to take off.

This game however could have an audience if marketed right and also released as a polished game, however I will not lie, not many story games are very “updateable” which could lead to some issues.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply, I normally reply fast.

:grinning:

1 Like

Maybe it’s because I didn’t go more in depth, Basically, it’s going to work similar to SM64, except I’m going to incorporate more dialogue characters and possibly have a more in-depth story. So, it’s pretty much an RPG Game.

The player will have to go through different maps and doing missions while doing some exploration to find “Script Fragments”, when you collect all eight of them, it will form into a script. The player will now be able to use a new type of power up, which most power-ups will be based off of giving the player more Mobility, Power, and more.

I can possibly incorporate a multiplayer system for the game, like a racing mode to find certain things and what-not, I’ll consider it :+1:

Has some potential. For each new script you collect you should gain some sort of power, like extra coins etc.

1 Like

You also have to think about re-playability, most story games are a one and done.

1 Like

That sounds neat, I want them to get an ultimate power-up when they get all eight though, it would personally make me, and maybe even others feel good when they collect them all.

It is kind of hard to add replayability. You either make sequels, like the Pet Sim series, or you update the game (not really the best for the algorithm).

1 Like

Replayability will have to be something I’ve got to brainstorm about, the only things I can currently come up with right now is just extra game modes for when you beat the game, and maybe a speed running system with in-game leaderboards.

I’d rather just make a sequel / create another game to be the next installment in the series, which I’m thinking about currently (Script Quest: RPG or Script Quest: Return of the Hacker(s)), idk, something along the lines of that.

:+1::+1: Wish u luck I hope that all goes well.

1 Like

Do not do this you rude man, you have the urge to say someone idea is unoriginal and you advertise your un creative game idea, shame on you, shame on you.

1 Like

I didn’t think about this the first time I saw the comment, thanks for bringing it up.

But then again, your post did seem a bit biased and less objective on the idea. Not only that, but the wording was slightly brash and seemed a bit ignorant of the information provided.

It is extremely weird that you would advertise your game after talking complete trash about my game idea, it’s a complete biased post that doesn’t give an objective look on the idea, and only gives bad feedback. No one who commented on your post replied in a similar manner, so I’m really not sure what made you want to do this.

I mean, re-read this and tell me that it’s completely objective, if not, a bit objective.

Screenshot 2022-10-06 172519

Your post is just a straight up game advertisement that is only supposed to help yourself.

I’m going to stop talking about this, so my post doesn’t get shut down because of an argument, if you want to continue this, feel free to pm me.