Dogu15 Rig [Layered]

I really like this but, I would love it if you could fix the limb’s invisibility inside, where you can see the inside of the mesh, but the mesh is the void:

this happens when you resize the legs, havent tried it with the arms but I bet the same thing happens

I think roblox messed up, or, something messed up? that is in your game, happening with me aswell.

Yeah, its fixed now, Roblox issue for sure.

1 Like

IN LOVE, gonna use this for my games.

Hey, sorry for raising the question by @niftycheese again, but could you please elaborate on how you manually create skinned rigs in Studio that work without any Bones? What do you mean by “center points of parts”, what do you use them for, and how? I understand how to make skinned rigs with Bones in Blender, but having skinned rigs without any Bones, like your “Dogu15 Deform Rig”, seems way better to me. Thanks! :happy3:

“Center point” is a middle point of 2 parts.
I calculate the position with simple maths.

Attachments use the said point as reference - think of it as a bend!

Thanks for the quick reply! How do the vertices of let’s say the “LeftLowerArm” MeshPart know which Attachments to follow and by how much? Do you achieve that in Blender by using Vertex Groups but naming them after Attachments instead of Bones?

Edit:

I figured it out. In order to have skinned rigs working in Roblox Studio without any Bone Instances, name the Meshes and Bones after the rig MeshParts:

2 Likes

How did you manage to do a mesh deformed rig, using multiple parts? I’m doing a game and that would help me a lot

1 Like

Can you make ummm… all type of rigs skinned?

how do i get this into blender? im having issues exporting. the meshes dont connect to the rig. if i move a bone the mesh doesnt move with it.

Small typo I noticed:

Deform:

• It respects R15 proporions more.

(Proportions*)

Very helpful! :grin:

1 Like

Absolutely amazing. Will definitely use. Thank you so much!

I’m happy to announce that I’m considering returning to work on this rig.

My motivations:

• A project I will be working on, under my Dogu Zone group will utilize this rig for art style purposes.
  • Fixing the gap problem when bending upper / lower limb.
  • Making torso one single part, which should be possible.

I’m still seeking a proper R15 skeleton which isn’t Rthro-scaled, just 1.0 scaled.
If anyone knows where I can find one, let me know!

4 Likes

Hi!
While working on a project of my own I have repeatedly stumbled upon your posts on the devforum, and found them quite intriguing. While I haven’t exactly worked directly with your models (I’m more of a “do-it-myself” kinda person so I often overlook open source resources), I thought you’d might want to see this considering you’re choosing to continue working on the project:

Maybe we can get in contact? :slight_smile:

Cheers,
miscbsdf

4 Likes

Those are nicer bends than what I currently have!

Weight painting is an annoying process, if you ask.

1 Like

Glad to hear that! I hope this new version is better than before. And thank you for returning back to work on this rig. It’s such a good resource for new developers, and I prefer using this rig to the default R15 rig.

I hope this is fixed, it’s happening everywhere! For instance, whenever I use the IK mode, the arms and legs’ are gapping. It would be great if it didn’t!

Why would anyone use the IK mode? Well, I’ve been using that for a year now, and I’m in love with it! It makes animating much easier. Sure, I can use Blender but not really a fan of it.

• ARMS & LEGS GAPPING:
    The arms and legs are gapping when I use IK mode! This is very annoying, it filters me so much. Appreciate it if this is fixed in the newer version.
  • LEGS DISLOCATING:
    But, not only that… The joints are also dislocating whenever I tried moving the upper limbs! This is very annoying, and it aggravates me so much! I hated it when I see it. It just slows me down.

This is awesome! Although, you should probably include the ones without the deformed torso. Some people might prefer using that over the deformed torso. Just saying, no offence. Like, me! I like using the current one but there are just so many issues with it. It’s not bearable. The rig works, but as stated above. So annoying to work with! And sorry for the long post, I’m just excited for the new version of the rig. This rig has potential, and it’s really good. I can’t wait for the future of this rig, it has a lot to offer. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: That’s all from me, thank you so much. God bless you for making this rig.
~ Kind Regards

You also might want to take a look at Ethario‘s work. I’ve been kinda reaching out to both you and them due to the similarities between all of our separate projects, I’d love to get a chance to compare our work! Let me know if you want to get in contact, I can send you info. Otherwise, good luck on your project!

Also yes, weight painting stinks.

I’m not sure how IK breaks it. It’s pretty much Roblox animation stuff, right?
I assume IK animator doesn’t use Motor work much - I recall it relied on physics more.

Also yeah, I’m glad I finished college - it means I can spend time on dev stuff a bit more.

2 Likes

I think so, yeah. You have a point right there. Well, if there’s no way to fix that it’s fine! As long as the gaps are fixed, I’m satisfied. :slightly_smiling_face: Besides, I’m already in love with this rig. I’ve been using it a lot lately for my projects that involved with R15 style. And I can’t wait to replace the current rig with your newest and improved rig. Good luck on the rig, I have this post notification set to ‘Watching’ for future announcements. Thanks again, much love. :heart: Cheers! :tropical_drink: