Dogu15 Rig [Layered]

Hands and foots are harder to connect, sadly - because of R15 texturing format.

But like I said, I might not deliver the thing due to some irl issues.

4 Likes

Wow I never thought you could use mesh deformation in Roblox lol. Anyways this is so cool, you brought R6 and R15 lovers together with this hybrid. I’d love to see more rigs with this new technic to help make Roblox into a AAA game :laughing:. I really appreciate your work and thanks to you, I can put R15 into my game without people complaining about not using R6 XD.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I was wondering, how did you separate the lower and upper sections of the legs and arms into separate meshes, whilst still appearing as a single mesh in blender?

Separating the bones into their own parts is important so I can use skinned meshes in moon animator. Whenever I import a skinned mesh it’s just one mesh.

Are you able to release versions of the rigs that are UV wrapped so clothing can be applied as a texture in a custom character where no humanoid is present?

1 Like

What do you mean by that? If you go for R15 texturing format, it should texture without problem.

Neat, I thought his name was Doug. ;c

The smoothness and the nonbending cracks are amazing ;o

You should make the upper and lower torso be attached.

1 Like

They also shouldn’t have the weird bevel in the waist area. The deform looks weird cause the arms are connected but the upper and lower torso are not.

I want to be able to use the character rig without a Humanoid so the clothes Asset Id would be applied to the mesh’s TextureID which currently looks like this.

You should export a humanoid rig and basically grab the texture. It should have segments like this…
You will have to crop them manually though (and you’d have to use 5 textures most likely).

6 Likes

Thank you for proving this concept! I’ll attempt to make a full mesh deform version of this.

2 Likes

My friend gave me this idea. Hope you enjoy it. I certainly didn’t enjoy making it.

It’s a playermodel swap, but like the description says, it doesn’t replicate to server and I wasn’t able to get it to. If you want to try to get it to replicate, go ahead. I’m not stopping you.

@Dogutsune Can you explain how you were able to make the mesh deformation rig without using any bones, because I wanted to make some edits but I couldn’t understand how you were able to get the thing to work without any bones.

I basically did them manually in studio (while using center points of parts)

Ok what I meant is how did you skin the meshes to attachments instead of bones.

When will the rig be applicable to other body types?

1 Like

If anyone’s interested, I modified the character converter script from the test place and gave it a few extra bells and whistles. Now it respects the body parts you have equipped and only converts default R15 parts to Dogu15. Also, it allows you to convert characters to the classic Dogu15 rig as well as the deforming rig. Feel free to take it as a file ConvertCharacter.rbxm (27.0 KB) or a library model.

Edit (8-29-21): My script has been updated to support all currently existing versions of Dogu15. :slight_smile:
Edit 2 (10-6-21): Roblox changed the default R15 mesh IDs and the script stopped working… That’s fixed now! :smiley:
Edit 3 (10-19-22): Another update, should now work perfectly with dynamic heads.

6 Likes

Wow. Thank you, I was just wanting something like this for it.

1 Like

can you please fix this bug?

@Dogutsune

its working in studio but if i publish it to roblox this happens.

1 Like

First time seeing it. Can’t really help. I’d need some details.

1 Like