Dogu15 Rig [Layered]

I have decided to not make non-classic characters, since Roblox plans to expand upon mesh deformation rigs.

Basically, I don’t want to create a thing Roblox will make at a later date.

I’m not sure if this was a mistake but in your game when i remember there is a torso girl version being used but mine seems to be fat and the hips were scaled wider a bit (it didn’t happen to my character before)

It also supports Rthro despite that the torso shape weren’t like this since 6 months ago

1 Like

I have a question, how to use this? I tried finding a tutorial on how but I can’t.

It would be nice if you made a tutorial about this but cool

Added a small note to my post. Not a call out, but I’m letting some people know.

1 Like

For some reason, when using the legacy deform, the character will occasionally go invisible until the player resets. Any idea why? I am not doing anything weird or special with it other than loading it in and applying custom accessories to the character.

LegacyDeform is an old version of the rig and had few flaws.
Have you tried the Deform rig instead?
Were you resizing the character after loading the bodyparts?

Is there a way to use Dogu15 on other Roblox rig types or custom rig types? For example, using a custom rig but still being able to use Dogu15 on the rig.

I wanted to use it but I noticed texture z-fighting issues around the knees and elbows when Roblox clothing is applied.

Probably the best release in devforum! Thank you :slight_smile:

Nothing much can be done about it. You can prevent it with animations that are slightly offset.

What do you mean by that? Dogu15 is basically a R15 package, so anything R15 should work with it.

Can you give us a proper Script that automatically loads the character?

I honestly would, but Roblox can be unpredictable when it comes to loading characters.
When Avatar Service is down, it can easily make a big mess - the Dogu15 won’t load. My example place has a very ugly script for replacement.

Best method would be using StarterCharacter and loading HumanoidDescription with torso / arms / legs being 0. It sadly won’t load all your emotes.

1 Like

I made one that work fine! But for some reason if I reset myself it just stops working :frowning:

1 Like

One game that I know of that (Probably) uses Dogu15 is
https://www.roblox.com/games/3678761576/BRITAIN-ENTRENCHED-a0-51-2-ALPHA
When holding a item, you can see the smoothly connected limbs that use mesh deformation

2 Likes

Is it possible to use arms and legs only not upper and lower torso?

Hey, do you have any idea why some sitting animations appear way too high with your character? For example:

2 Likes

Hi! I’m creating my own rig and I was asking myself, how did you made two bodyarts (different objects) be linked together so there is a smooth bend between them?

My offsets are slightly different than default 1.0 ones, maybe that’s why.

Can you make it work with Layered Clothing?

3 Likes