Dogu15 Rig [Layered]

I have yet to see honestly, because whole process is pain.

3 Likes

I might or might not try to add layered clothing support.
I still have to master it’s art.

7 Likes

UPDATE: Thanks to the lack of rigging documentation, I gave up. I’m going to be honestly blunt about the difficulties.

• Devhub is a joke.
  • Devforum only explains how to make the clothing work.
  • Like you have seen with my own rig, it’s not Roblox format entirely.
  • Clothes are pain to work with.
  • Not enough experience. And I admit to it.

If someone else knows how to work with it, help would be appreciated.

9 Likes

In S15, someone made a smooth rig that supports layered clothing. Maybe this would help?

S15_LayeredClothing.rbxm (57.9 KB)

Also, I completely understand you! There isn’t enough resources on the DevHub and close to none of the DevForum. The DevHub isn’t clear enough and doesn’t properly explain what it is nor what it could do, so I gotcha.

6 Likes

How Do I add This For My Game. I Want to know how to make every avatar in my game force this.

read the post lol

-,.-,.-,-,.,–.-,.-,

you talented person… the knees look amazing what the hell

AND THE ELBOWS WHAT your so good at being talented i could never

honestly everything looks better thank you

You just showed ROBLOX excactly how it’s done.

This allows squash and stretch animation!!!

@Dogutsune
I made it work with layered clothing :smiley:
Dogu15_LayeredClothing.rbxm (57.4 KB)

10 Likes

Very, very cool. Was thinking of a r15 rig with r6 look and then a few weeks later, found this gem.

2 Likes

Oh! Very cool. How hard was it?

4 Likes

Very easy, actually.
Since it has the same shape of a regular R15 rig, all i had to do was copy the wrap targets from the default humanoid body and paste them inside the Dogu15 rig

4 Likes

OH MY GOD I’VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS FOR SO LONG :pray:

Nice rig! How were you able to import the rig into Roblox with no bones? All tutorials and attempts myself result in bones getting imported too.

1 Like

I wanna ask, why aren’t the hands and feet connected to the main rig? Seems like an odd design choice.

Hey, I’ve been working with deformed meshes myself and I’m wondering, have you found a way that something like armor can be attached to this?

Right now I’m considering almost the reverse, breaking down a customized mesh and turning it into a traditional R15 rig just so I’ll be able to use armors as I have not yet found a way to attach anything to a deformed mesh that will deform with it.

Have you considered doing one of the man rigs?

I said it already, but R15 textures are separated at the hands and feet. If I were to “connect” it, you’d see an ugly seam.

It’s both aesthetic and texturing reasons.

1 Like