[DONT USE THIS. USE MY NEWER POST] Jimmy's Gun System v1.1 is out! Merry christmas!

Ho Ho Ho everyone! :santa:

For Christmas, I decided to upgrade JGS (Jimmy’s Gun System) to version 1.1! Here’s how to set it up!

Ok, there are 2 ways to do this!

1. Updating from v1.0
  2. New to JGS

Let’s start with how to make a new gun!

You will need to get the JGSv1.1 from the toolbox- here’s a link.

Now just follow this tutorial

Hi older users! Here is how to upgrade from JGSv1.0 to JGSv1.1!

You will need to get the upgrade pack from the toolbox. Here’s a link.

Inside of the pack, you will see 2 things,

o LocalScript
o NumberValue

Just drag the NumberValue into the SETTINGS folder located inside your tool

Then delete your localscript and drag the new one into the tool

Jimmy gun system - Roblox Studio 12_24_2023 8_48_25 PM

And there you go! You have now updated to v1.1

If you have any problems, then please reply. I am doing my best at fixing bugs and issues with the gun system. This goes for question’s too.

7 Likes

Sorry if I might come off as rude here, however I’d like to give a few critiques on this (also staying up late, brain recently got fried).

First and foremost, this resource has barely changed at all, other than adding in a recoil-related additions, nothing else is new. (Don’t come after me version reading people, I know the ver.x.x.x rule.)

Second of all, alike from the other replies from it’s predecessor, it’s best to migrate MAJORITY of the code to a module script (it’d be better if it utilizes OOP if you want those 7 years of programming put into good use, unless it’s 7 years of basic static web development) considering roughly 95% of the resource is pretty much the same.

In addition, if you wish to commercialize your resource out in the public, at least try to protect the remotes (The Shoot RemoteEvent located under the tool) with basic handshakes and sanity checks to authorize if the requested cast is real and valid. You don’t want to get your resource dislike-bombed in the future once exploits are back on (unlikely but possibly) and your reputation as a public open source’r tarnished.

On top of that, I suggest not to make a new post that is pretty much the same as the last one (you’ll just be filling up the community resource category); just make a new bump on your previous post instead for related updates.

I know your goal is to keep it simple for new players to comprehend, but also try to make your product compete with the market (even just a bit) with your best while also including modern practices and safety paradigms—this will greatly help with new aspiring developers, especially when it comes to their game’s security!

1 Like

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback.

I understand where you’re coming from, and I wanted to explain a couple things.

1. The super small update

The reason for this is because I promised to do 4 small updates every month and then 1 large update. Because this resource was created in the middle of a month, I have to release 6 small updates, and then by the end of January, I can have a larger update done. After that, the schedule will smooth out.

2. Module Scripts

I have gotten quite a bit of comment’s about how I need to migrate to a module script, and I understand where this is coming from- but here’s the deal. I promised to keep the gun system “coding free,” and when you have to edit a modulescript (I know it’s just a table, but come on- the system I’m making is for people who probably don’t even know what a table is). But don’t worry, I’ll let you in on a secret- the “Big Update” for January is an update pack that migrates all the values to a module. And I’ll still add an option for an easier, but less secure, “Value Changing” system if people don’t like using the module.

3. Remote event security

This one is simple- I just don’t know how :man_shrugging: But I’ll learn how to make it more secure.

4. Bumping

This may sound really pathetic, but I still don’t know how to use half the features in the devforum, so could I get an explanation on how to do this :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hello again! I followed what you said and I have updated everything. It actually wasn’t that hard! Also, I am sticking entirely to this post I have made right here, which I also based upon your critique! Glad this was sent because now everything works and looks organized! :smiley:

2 Likes

hi there Jim Can I ask how to make, shoot with a straight view, because for now I’m trying to shoot the camera’s view straight up :v

1 Like

Read the title smarty pants. GO TO THE NEW POST