Download CSV not working in Developer Stats

Bug #1

Using the Download CSV Feature of Developer Stats stopped working.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Visit page: https://create.roblox.com/creations/experiences/3274817696/stats
  2. Click the Export tab
  3. In the section “Download Monthly Revenue Data” Select May 2022 for the month
  4. The button changes to “Generating…”
  5. The button changes to “Download CSV”
  6. Click the button.
  7. Notice no file is downloaded

Expected

expect to be able to download the CSV file as instructed

Observed

no file is downloaded when clicking the Download CSV button

In JS Console (F12 Dev tools) I see an error logged:
TypeError: e.t0.json is not a function

BUG #2

On this same page, the next section “Download Monthly Game Stats Data” does not include May, 2022. It only has April 2022 as a selection.

Expect that I can view last month’s stats, it is now 12 days into June.

When I select April 2022, and let it Generate, after that when I press Download XLSX button, the same problem is present, as Bug #1 above. The file is not downloaded by my browser and I see the same error in JS console.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are working on a fix now!

1 Like

Hi @FirstVertex The issue has been fully fixed. You should be able to download the revenue report and monthly game stats report.

Regarding the monthly game stats report. Since it computes WOW retention metrics it needs to be generated after 15th of the next month. For example, May 2022 reports will be able to download after 16th June. So right now the most up to date one you can download is for April 2022.
All the metrics for monthly stats should be available in the new metrics charts. So we recommend you use the new analytics dashboard to get the metrics. All the metrics also support csv export as you want.

Let us know if you have more questions. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey, thanks so much for the fix!

Pretty nice but I still think it is cumbersome to have to scroll to the bottom of the dropdown to get to the most recent month. Can’t we reverse the sort on the dropdown items’ month choices?

95% of users are going to want this month’s data when the go here. 0.0001% or less will want the first choice of May 2014.

@friedrich1717 Inside the CSV the date is in a not usable not recognizable format.
Can’t we export something that is easily imported to Excel?
Let’s pick a date and time format that will be recognized without a ton of work for Devs.
The time is important data that is not present in the CSV.
Let’s settle on a IEEE standard date and time format that is readily parsed in Excel.
Thanks for listening. I have been in the Web dev business for 27 years.

I have to cross reference this with the List I can view under My Account > Robux > Sales of Goods in order to determine who bought what. Can’t we include the same user data in this CSV as is available there? Why make the dev have to outer join two separate CSV’s to get all the information? If not, I would love to have Export CSV on that List, it would be possibly more helpful than this export.

Hi @FirstVertex
Thanks for your suggestion. The sorting for the report has fixed to be reverse time ordering. The newest month will be on the top.
For the issue about time format and missing information on the user. I will bring back to our team and see what we can do to improve it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.