Drafts window auto selects when scripting, unselecting script window

Reproduction Steps

Step 1: Have a place open that has drafts enabled
Step 2: Close the drafts window if its already opened
Step 3: Open an existing script
Step 4: Try typing anything in the script

Expected Behavior

I would be able to edit the script without interutption.

Actual Behavior

When i typed in the script, the drafts window pops open, unselecting the script im editing.

Workaround

Have the drafts window enabled at all times
(this is kindof difficult when im working on someone else’s project where the places are in the same universe, and not all the places have drafts enabled, so when i try to edit scripts, initially, it will unselect the script im editing)

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-29 00:09:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-09-29 00:09:00 (-04:00)

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

Still am running into this issue, would be a great QOL update since it’s a bit annoying running into this every time.

2 Likes

Any ETA for when this will be fixed?

This is like a 1-line fix that’s been around for over a year :confused:

Tooling being left broken like this is the #1 reason developers want external IDE support. It’s really depressing when we run into bugs knowing they will take a year+ to be resolved.

Other threads reporting the same issue:

3 Likes

Unfortunately it’s not a 1-line fix because we have a bit of legacy code in there: by the time the Drafts Widget gets the focus, it doesn’t know about the original Script Tab so it can’t hand the focus back to it.

Given this gets reported quite frequently and how annoying it is I’ll bump the priority.

One question would be (to increase the chance of solving it quickly): would it be OK if we don’t open the Drafts window when a new Script gets drafted? Because if we don’t do that, then it’s truly a 1-liner (actually deleting a 3 lines). :smiley:

1 Like

I’d rather wait until it’d be fully fixed than trade that behavior. Just because this bug behavior has now been added jn the standard work flow, not seeing the drafts window automatically would be irritating to get used to, even if temporarily.

3 Likes