DragDetectors [Beta]

Just use drag detector for a team and other teams cannot use that

I mean you have a starter place and some other places
Is in the other places it enabled too

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/re-dragdetectors-beta/2496000

1 Like

For now just submit every place name. We are in a period of time where we are flipping separate flags special for each game. In the coming weeks when it is on for all experiences, it will all be automatic at that point, but for now we are using a manual system where we flip for each placeID.

1 Like

Can I add 4 more places then for us game

1 Like

Can I add 4 more places then for us game

Yes

1 Like

FoodEggs, all the places you requested so far should be enabled for DragDetectors now.

1 Like

Maybe Min/Max drag angles could be vectors with a 360 degree limit by default? (So a MaxDragAngle of (90, 0, 0) wouldnā€™t allow any Y/Z rotation to occur, thus mitigating the flip. Iā€™m unsure how thatā€™d work engine-wise, just pitching a concept lol)

1 Like

The DragFrame is stored as a matrix. The orientation triplet you see displayed as DragFrameā€™s Orientation is the result of calling a method on the matrix that does some math.
So the real solution here is probably going to be making it so that the matrix returns more consistent/coherent triplet values.

2 Likes

@foodeggs7 , we added 2 new places you just now (desert & forest).

1 Like

@foodeggs7 those two newer places may not have been enabled yesterday, but they should be now.

@LegendOJ1 ā†’ We have not enabled the flag on the games you requested, as you do not appear to be the owner, Youā€™ll need to get the owner to like the post and fill out the form themselves.

2 Likes

I I have now not tested it because we now working on an teleport to that place

2 Likes

Ye it is enabled now but someone was forget to set the place id in the script

2 Likes

@LegendOJ1 and @SilverAuthority the 3 places you requested should be enabled now

3 Likes

Is there an estimate as to when this will be released?

1 Like

We are initiating a final thorough round of QA testing before enabling DragDetectors in all games (while remaining in beta). If all goes well this phase could complete within a month.

At that point, if youā€™re in the beta, youā€™ll have the full feature and it will work in your gamesā€¦ Weā€™ll take it out of beta after a little soak time to watch for problems; at which point everybody will be able to author DragDetectors in studio without subscribing to the beta.

2 Likes

There is a clitch when dragging an mech object in I drag a mech object it object rotate by dragging

1 Like

Not sure if itā€™s to do with the fact itā€™s a beta feature or if Iā€™m doing something wrong but Iā€™m experiencing some issues with my DragDetectors resetting their Drag Directions properties when I restart Studio. Every day I enter my game in Studio my DragDetectors have reset back to the settings they were at before. This even occurs when the place is published to Roblox.

My DragDetectors have the following settings:

They use TranslatePlane and the Axis is set to (1, -1, 0). I am not sure if this resetting issue is due to something Iā€™m doing wrong or if it is a legitimate bug. Will provide more info if needed.

EDIT: Update - today when I logged into Studio the properties on my DragDetectors had not been reset, so Iā€™ll continue monitoring it and hope that it doesnā€™t happen again.

You can fix it with an script

Script.Parent.dragdetector.axis = Vector3.New(1,-1,0) -- set it to the parent from dragdettector 

Make sure you use it model not in an viewport frame and remove the dragdettector but not the script I forget and get alot of errors

Iā€™ve the same bug

DragDetectors [Beta] - #278 by foodeggs7

2 Likes

Hey, drag detectors wont work for me at all until i move the part on the client? has this happened before?

1 Like

Is your part in Geometric or Physical mode?

If your part is in Physical mode and unanchoted then the client should automatically take network ownership of the part youā€™re dragging.

1 Like

@PrinceTybalt

I have now two projects where Iā€™m working on an game what imentioned early with som dragdettector things and an Christmass obby each level something with dragdettectors I donā€™t like to do it last minute as last year then some things not work and I forget made parts cancolide off but as I drag mech objects then it rotate the mech object how can I fix it

And you can drag objects to the other side I have it on the X axis but it can drag to one side how change I that that it drag to the other side

i also use my puzzle for my cristmass obby in cristmass style

1 Like