Dragger QoL Improvements Enabled by Default

I think you just got hit by a weird case. The line thickness is based on the center of part, so if the center of the part is way offscreen the lines will show up rather thick. Here you have several parts whose centers are all far offscreen all showing join surfaces lines making it look weird.

Now that I have a settings section I could actually add a setting for the thickness of those Join Surfaces lines, that’s something I should add to my TODO list.

1 Like

Why is there no way to turn this off completely?

4 Likes

Something that I’ve noticed impact my workflow: The SelectionBox highlight now overrides the Hover highlight. Previously, when I have multiple parts selected and I’m attempting to deselect one, the slight hover animation would show which item I’m currently hovering over. With that being disabled, there is no visual state difference between being selected and being selected AND hovered over.

So will this mean that there will be a chance that there will be an option to turn the new QoL Dragging off? I would really like that to be an option as Im just not a fan of the new QoL dragging improvements.

1 Like

No, there will not be, other than maybe one or two extra toggles for the visualizations that don’t have a toggle yet. But the behavior will be as it is right now.

Do you not like anything specific about the behavior?

Looking at the results, does this mean that we will get the option to disable the line? It would only make sense to have it appear if you also have the Snap Targets option turned on, without it turned on, it doenst make much sense.

5 Likes

I agree with GuilleLopezD. I think there should be an option to disable the line.

6 Likes

The behaviour is Okay, just gotta get use to it as well as the lines. I really dont like the yellow dragging lines at all

3 Likes

the update is cool, but enabling the beta by default seems a little excessive

5 Likes

how do you change/disable the new keybinds

We cancel roblox on twitter if they don’t allow us to disable the lines. I know, I am so smart. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s not too bad, I guess. but because studio key binds tend to overwrite literally every key bind in playtesting/ using plugins it’s annoying as hell so I just removed the shift + c and x key binds. That’s the only problem I have with this dragger, other than that it doesn’t seem too bad, considering I can change the hotkeys back to my personalization.

Go to file>advanced>shortcuts and change your hotkeys from there. you can search it up as: “Shift+C” and it will pop up.

I think the very worst part about this update is that it changed some sort of internal property on the dragger handles so that now they will scale with distance. It’s really important that they do not scale with distance because now it is impossible to drag parts from far away (copied from another map, etc) to the location where your camera is located. Take this part for example:

When it is close to the camera like this I can grab the handles and move it as normal - no issues there.

After dragging it super far away from me, however, you can see that the handles have completely disappeared. This didn’t used to happen and it really hurts productivity when it happens with a model and you (a non-scripter) have to fly your camera all the way out there and all the way back to move your model close to your workspace. Of course a scripter can just use model:MoveTo(position) in the command bar, but that’s a really tough speed bump in development.

Previous behavior (using handles instance). As you can see, the blue handles are all visible and clickable even at a distance.

As far as the actual dragger assistance update thing goes, I’m pretty indifferent. I disabled it myself but only because it was annoying to look at when I was floating around not dragging anything. That being said, if I didn’t see this post telling me it was a setting then I probably would have just not cared enough to look for it. It seems like it mostly just does what I always assumed the transform tool was made to do.

2 Likes

Came here for this issue. “Use Bounding Box Move Handles” is near unusable in the current state. If a model has any pivot offset, it will instantly jump away from the start point as soon as you start dragging. This should really be fixed

im not too keen on it - it messes up miss clicks, and dragging things onto objects

2 Likes

Another small QOL that’s impacted my flow:
Since the hotkeys for selection are now 1,2,3 vs control 1, control 2, control 3, when I enter a value into this text box, press enter, and attempt to change selection modes, I find myself accidentally entering the number 1, 2, or 3 into the text box due to it never being un-focused.

I wish that pressing enter would cause the Move and Rotate boxes to lose focus.

Video attached for example:

1 Like

I HATE THIS FEATURE! WHY CAN’T I DISABLE IT! It makes me want to rip my eyeballs out!

6 Likes

I hate it too. Very hard for me to get use to a new feature after several years of building without these new dragger movements

2 Likes

I still wonder how is this a QoL update… because this is not improving anything.

2 Likes