Dragger QoL Improvements Enabled by Default

so tbh… side mouse buttons when :sob:

I don’t like the dragger. Please make a disable feature.

Edit:

This feature snaps to everything. Even if I wanted to just drag a box on the edge of a large circle it will snap to the other edge. Its take me to use “MOVE” to drag the box to the position I wanted to be.

I really dislike these improvements. They do nothing but overcomplicate things and ruin the simplicity of Roblox Studio. I would rather you guys make this a toggleable feature instead, as it contains some helpful things but it’s overall executed in a poor way. Also, as previous users said, it’s very buggy and even impacts people’s workflow significantly.

2 Likes

Dude, I just HATE how holding shift disables the increments. You used to be able to rescale parts by holding ctrl + shift, but that just doesn’t work anymore. It’s so stupid.

1 Like

Good callout, we should definitely not keep that text input focused after you press enter. I don’t think that’s even intentional behavior.

You can still do this with Ctrl+Alt. Did you not know about this or is your comment just that you don’t like the new shortcut combination as much?

3 Likes

Uhhhh, it’s a little mix of both. I guess I’m not too keen on forced changes. Thank you for the swift response though.

2 Likes

I agree on the disliking forced changes especially since so many have been made recently, notably with the borderline unusable terrain editor, but that’s another topic.

For me the most notable unwanted change is the keybind for shift being reassigned to something not really useful while moving the previous function of shift to a more inconvenient to reach key. Shift is a far more accessible key than alt for something used so often in modeling and it has caused me noticeable issue already. As a feature that won’t be used much, the snapping hotkey should really be on the less accessible key in this case being alt, and shift should remain the key for scaling.

Would it be possible to have some kind of a notification in studio that alerts the user to this change & other changes like this in the future? I was pulling my hair out for a few days trying to figure out why ctrl + <number> wasn’t working anymore, and came across this thread just now :sweat_smile:

I really dislike the change to the Tab key behaviour - it used to preserve the axes’ rotation no matter where i pressed it, right now it defaults to the world axis or tries to take the orientation of the part I’m hovering on. It’s not that useless, but it definitely should not be replacing the old behaviour.

In my use case, it is no longer possible to easily align curved and straight roads without moving the pivot closer to the other end while preserving its orientation (old behaviour as white arrows):

Have you tried Ctrl L?

That would be the most obvious way of switching that, but no, it doesn’t change it.