Dragging lots of parts lags out studio

Upon trying to move a large amount of parts on any game, studio often says not responding and takes around 5-10 minutes before I am able to use it again. This issue has been occurring since the new movement tools came out

Once studio finishes not responding, my mouse is locked onto the part and the camera starts moving like crazy and the model moves in any direction. This also causes a huge lag spike, which I only experience when this happens

Quite often after the camera issue happens I can see all the white dots to move my model along, but lots of the time I don’t need these

System Information:

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i5
RAM 20.0 GB (19.8 GB usable)
GPU Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎21/‎09/‎2022
OS build 22635.2850
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0

Studio Information:

Beta Features:
I currently have all the beta features enabled

Reproduction Steps:
This seems to happen everytime I move a large amount of parts

6 Likes

I have spoken to a couple of other developers, and we all seem to have the same issue

3 Likes

Yeah as far as I know this has been happening to anyone using the dragger beta feature, only way to avoid this as of now would be to turn off the beta feature as a whole.

This was reported over two months ago and taken into account but we’re still waiting on a fix.

There’s a reason it’s in beta.

As stated in the post I quoted disabling CanQuery might fix the issue, though very annoying to have to go back and enable it.

For now my own fix has been using parts to set positions for larger models, then deleting said parts.

5 Likes

For me it’s if I move a single big part, it’s become rather irritating.

2 Likes

LEGEND! I didn’t even realise it was on the beta section. It must of auto turned on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’re aware of this and the perf issues will be ironed out before the the update exits beta.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.