Drop the OBC requirement for DevEx

DevEx should be for all (in my op)

1 Like

As Lifetime OBC, this was never a problem. As someone with multiple accounts, this was an annoyance. Voting for BC+

Also OP, mind closing the original poll and redirect everyone to the new one?

2 Likes

The problem with having no requirement aside from the minimum R$ needed, is that many more people would just try for the hell of it (as they lose absolutely nothing), that isn’t possible.

As the second poll is slightly different to the first, I think there is some value in having two.

I’m unsure how many extra people would try to cash out if they had 100K. I’m sure many people would be eligible anyway. There can’t be too many people who have made their money from trading are there? (a few hundred at most - and trading requires BC anyway)

After your first completed devex, just BC+ is required for future devexing.
After your first failed devex, OBC is required once again.

2 Likes

No, this would be marked as a scam. There needs to be a way to know if you are eligible without paying 20 dollars. You cannot even contact support and ask them if you can devex unless you have obc.

1 Like

Wouldn’t dropping OBC requirement skyrocket the amount of scammers who try to DevEx?

1 Like

Please no.
My last dev ex took 4 weeks to process.
No.
No.
No.

9 Likes

By that logic the current devex program would be marked as a scam.

I just want a trust-based system where trustworthy customers get special treatment and pricings until they break said trust.

I also want trading scum and other such trash to get out. Money gained from trading and selling limiteds should be deducted from the total on the devex progression bar (why is it not already?).

4 Likes

@penguinMikeDavis might be an interesting thread for you

1 Like

I can vouch against that ATM example. A lot of ATMs charge a fee on top of a bank fee. (Neither apply to your own bank). Locally we have an ATM they does not do a service charge (still get the fee from your bank) but way more people use it compared to one that has the service charge.

1 Like

But that makes it worth it for anyone to try out, since you don’t lose anything in the process. If they’re already paying for BC, they won’t be losing anything extra by attempting to cash out.

I know of many people who are skeptical about their eligibility, but don’t want to spend the extra $14 to be told “no.”

2 Likes

Your argument is invalid. That’s like saying you should pay extra money to contact support@roblox.com if they wanted to take a fee from people who use devex then that’s fine but charging people more to be able to use the program is unjustified. When you actually look at the circumstances, if it costs 20 dollars a month for obc and some people have reported 30 day wait periods for devex. It may cost you 40 dollars just to see if you can devex.
250min - 40 = 210 or lets add the fact that you cannot find out you are eligible until you apply which could make it 0-20 or 0-40. So in order to improve the program for the future I think it would be best to reduce the requirements for developers.

3 Likes

This would make everybody who has 100k robux try to cash it out. They would all be put into the same queue as us just to be rejected. OBC is paying for the review itself. When thousands more people who have nothing to lose are able to try to participate, they take the already limited time away from everybody else. If this limitation is going to be lifted then I would like it if OBC put you on a separate queue so the irrelevant crowd doesn’t keep you from getting paid.

10 Likes

My argument is perfectly valid, in the hypothetical situation where you have to pay to contact roblox, they’d receive much fewer emails overall.

I’m saying that there’s already a large number of people who pay for regular BC, allowing them to apply for devex with no extra cost to them is definitely going to increase the number of devex requests to roblox.

These extra requests that require investigations on how they got their money are going to slow down the developers’ requests even further.

I definitely like waffle’s idea though.

What about buying OBC with Robux while cashing out as an NBC if you got the minimum?

2 Likes

I don’t know if roblox is going to be for the idea of buying membership with R$, especially if you’d be declined. Because in that case you’d still be getting a USD benefit from your R$.

1 Like

I just want to bring this back up again because of how relevant it is now.

How about if you already cash out once, you unlock the ability to cash out regardless of whether you have bc or not. (Or maybe just have it as BC+ instead of OBC)

Not only will it make life easier for a lot of us, but it will make life easier for the people that process the devex, as the ones who cash out with nbc (or bc idk which is a good solution) would be trusted as they would have cashed out before.

8 Likes

Only problem I have is the double tax on robux. You are taxed 30% when you get the robux, then another 65% when you cash out. OBC should get a little break on this, maybe 20%

This is a business decision on the part of Roblox. No one is not going to pay the fee, it makes no sense from Roblox’s perspective to remove it.

65%? Where do you get that number from sorry?

1 Like