Drop the OBC requirement for DevEx

The CEO said it himself at RDC, we are getting a 35% payout (up from 25%).

So the math: Assuming the average revenue roblox gets per 1000 robux is $10 USD, 100,000 robux would cost the players $1000 USD. Cashing out 100,000 via devex you receive $350. 350/1000 = 35% received or (100% - 35%) = 65% taxed

2 Likes

Ooooh, right I see. You’re referring to the margin at which roblox sells and buys Robux being 65% less.

Alright I understand.

Don’t forget about the 30% marketplace tax. I’m pretty sure we’re actually getting closer to 24.5% of what the player spends.

Rcouret did actually say the 30% tax, I just was confused about the 65% tax.

Oops, I really need to read more than the last two posts :joy:

35% is more of a commission. The 65% really isn’t a tax like the 30% is.

My friend who has been working his rear end off to make good games has lifetime BC, and therefore unable to DevEx. Ever.

You can still get OBC even if you have lifetime BC or TBC.

Yes, but there isn’t really a fair OBC equivalent to lifetime BC or TBC. I don’t want to upgrade from lifetime TBC because it would be a lot more of a downgrade. I’d have to be making a lot of DevEx money right off the bat.

2 Likes

I agree, not a lot of robloxians feel as if they need OBC every month such as myself. I understand that they are trying to keep it accessible to only a certain group of people but not everyone has lifetime from 2012.

I agree with this! I feel like I’m always paying to get paid. It’s not that great. Also, people who dev ex for the first time, they pay for OBC and then they’re rejected, and they won’t get their $20 back. Maybe some people are cashing out on Roblox because they don’t actually have money, so I don’t think Roblox should ask for some back before we cash out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s a risk - if they get their devex, then the 20$ for OBC isn’t really important.

Devex is a privilege not a right.

3 Likes

I’m saying I’d like to see it so that all bc members could DevEx if they are in good standing.

Roblox said a few years back that one day they want to remove the membership requirement for DevEx. Also $20 out of a $350 cashout is a lot- moreso if you’re paying that each month, or drop $130 on a year.

But still $130 a year is a small price to pay if you’re going to be making over 5 figures.

1 Like

So, will this be changed?

Making it OBC to cash out the first time, and BC+ from then on sounds the most logical.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem logical to me. If there’s no reason to set an OBC requirement after the first DevEx, why have it on the first one?

2 Likes

Why did you bump this, did someone mention something about changing DevEx’s requirements? Still doesn’t seem like they plan on changing the OBC requirement in any way.

I bumped it cause there’s been no word about this feature

5 Likes