Dropping / No Dropping Hats

Why add it to each hat… Just add it to the Player or to the Humanoid for all that I care, but it doesn’t make sense to toggle it for each single hat…

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that property is more for if you’re putting hats on the character that are important for the game. (Like if there are custom characters or something.) Since your scripts create the hat it’s a lot simpler to just make that property true.

If your game doesn’t pick the hats for the character and they’re wearing the hats they choose, then I don’t see any real reason you would want them to not be able to drop the hats, except to prevent clutter on the map. But in that case it would make more sense to just destroy the hats when they enter workspace, rather than stop people from taking them off.

Hats need a whole lot of other updates first
like attaching to torso or arms

[quote] Hats need a whole lot of other updates first
like attaching to torso or arms [/quote]

I think that having undroppable hats is more important than a hat for my arm

Good point, but this is already a property for every gear so I imagine the API is close to being able to work with hats too.

[quote] Hats need a whole lot of other updates first
like attaching to torso or arms [/quote]

I think that having undroppable hats is more important than a hat for my arm[/quote]
I would just use welds personally.

I mean we should probably look at all the updates we need for the object before we start implementing

Although it doesn’t have a toggle per-hat, here’s something that might help

There’s a global toggle to prevent players from dropping hats or not, an optional lifetime for hats in the workspace before they’re cleaned up, changes to click-to-equip for hats instead of touch, and lets you equip up to 3 hats instead of just 1. If you really need a droppable toggle per-hat, just parent it to the head and re-fix the headweld – it won’t be able to be dropped then (hats aren’t dropped by deleting the welds in the head – they’re dropped by looping through all hats in the character and breaking joints on them and parenting them to the workspace, so just changing the weld won’t work).