Dubai International Airport Issue

Hey there!

Some general info

So, a few months ago. I made this topic about my airport I made. I haven’t continued with it for a long time. Furthermore, I got bored, so I decided to work on it a few weeks ago. I have made some good progress.

My issue

So I made the terminal and my plan was to make it from real life. However, I know about my experience that building from real life on a big scale is hard. And annoying.

So I don’t know what to decide. Like, could I mix it with a bit of real life and fictional things? Or make it fictional only, or fully from real life? (Using the source: Google Maps/ Street view).

I would love to hear it from the audience of the DevForum :wink:

Here you can see the terminal:

Thanks for reading if you came this far! :smile:

13 Likes

You should do what your heart feels like, but i would go for real life/fiction.
Also, do what is best for your health’s sake aswell, if your tired and exausted, you should take some deep breathes for up to 1 minute, then you should do what’s easiest and what you can do.
If you feel hyper or your in good contidtions, then you should look to go beyond limits!
Hope this little chit-chat helped you dicide what you think is best.

Your totally welcome.

Kind regards,
@EOASTUDIO

3 Likes

Woah, that looks amazing. I think real/fiction would look cool, but from my experience being there, it shouldn’t be that hard to do the terminal since it is just rows of chairs and the path for the duty free is just one straight line.

1 Like

@XxprofessgamerxX , I agree, that looks amazing, and I can’t wait to play the game if you release it. If you want to release it quick, you could mix some fiction in and later update it to be real life.

3 Likes

I personally think that your first option is the best if you are not sure. So really follow your own heart.

But if you would ask me, I would go for real life and just spend more time on it, so I wouldn’t get annoyed of me failing a part of the build over and over again. So when you feel like it’s not going your way just take a breather and continue another day.

1 Like

it’s ok, everything you build doesn’t need to be to-scale of the real thing. as long as people know what your build is meant to be by looking at it, you’re fine.

if you’re finding that building is getting boring, try taking a break from it for a while. burnout is completely normal, you shouldn’t force yourself to do anything if you don’t feel like it.

2 Likes

What do you use to build other than roblox studio or what extensions??

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

I use Blender, Paintdotnet, Photoshop 2020 and other 3d software programs.
I’m not sure what you mean with extensions. But I think you mean plugins.
I have a lot of plugins installed. The plugins I use the most are Archimedes and the CmdUtl plugin.

I hope this answers your question!

1 Like

Depends on what you are going for,
If you want to for example get a realistic map you should try to use as many real-life references as possible, but you can always change it to making it half fictional and half realistic,
but honestly, it’s always up to you to decide what you want to do.

1 Like

There’s a difference between a real life engineer and a roblox modeler : one has to make things work, the other has to make things look good. If you can somehow think of a way to enhance the look of your build, go ahead! It has to fit in its environment, I can tell from experience that sticking 100% to real life sometimes looks odd/out of place.

1 Like

Do whatever is fun!

If you enjoy realism, go for it. If you enjoy crafting your own version of an environment, then go for it.

I have gone for a mix of real life and fiction. And I’d really appreciate the comments of you guys! Does anyone also have any tips to make it compatible for most devices?

Yeah, first of all:

• Do. Not. Use. Unions.
  • Try to use meshes for everything than can be mesh.
  • Don’t focus on detail in places where nobody will look.
  • Simply, use as less parts as possible, especially that this project is HUGE.
  • Don’t use DOF, its an fps killer

I don’t know if you discontinued your old one, but this. looks. amazing. Great job mate.

1 Like

Any progress? Your project really seems to have a potential, but I feel like you might’ve kind of left it behind?