Dubai International Airport

Hey there! Since autumn break has started in my country, I have started a new project. I am trying to build Dubai Airport on a realistic scale. I’ve never seen anyone do this and thought I’d give it a shot myself. I would like to have some feedback already, criticism is welcome :slight_smile:
Ps. I posted this somewhere else too, but then i saw i posted it on the wrong place. So i closed it, here you can give some feedback :slight_smile:

22 Likes

First of all, when I opened this topic without seeing the screenshots, I honestly expected some not-so-great looking airport with absolutely no detail, but I was completly wrong.

So, as for today’s standard of many ROBLOX Airlines, this project seems to be really high-quality. Eventually, you could edit the lighting to make it look more realistic. Maybe even set this to night time and use future lighting for a really good looking effect.

One more thing, I would suggest you is to use some more textures, because using default roblox materials for such a build is not a great idea. The roof of this arrival some sort of parking [the first screenshot] seems to be all csg? (I mean the tiles on the roof). If that’s texture, maybe try to change the TextureTransparency to around 0.3-0.6. The same thing with the main roof (the big one) [the fourth screenshot], There I know it’s a texture but also, try to change the TextureTransparency because it looks, just straightly bad.

Besides that, amazing job! It looks like you put quite a lot of time into making it, and even tho this topic is really old, I hope you will again get motivated to work on this airport! (Or you are still working on it, but I feel like you might have leaved it because it’s too much work for one person.)

3 Likes

This amazing! One recommendation is to improve the lighting on the 3rd screenshot.

2 Likes

Yes, i’ve kinda lost motivation due to school has started, since we have a 2 week break now; I might just keep on going. I also appreciate the feedback about texturing. I don’t really use the way of texturing so it’s also for me a learning point about using textures. So thank you for your feedback :+1:, oh and about the roof in the first picture. That’s indeed a texture and not csg. I’m trying to make it compatible for every device. (Maybe not for older and slower devices, but I’m trying!) So thank you again for your feedback. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I have been living in Dubai. The airport has a metro system from dpartures/arrivals to the actual gates. Very amazing detail to the screenshots tho.