Dynamic Heads & Facial Animation Preview Beta

@3rdhoan123 I asked the same question here, and it appears that we will be able to export this new rig into Blender. I think the new hands, will be the only major change with making animations or renders in Blender.

2 Likes

Woah, you did all that with a script?
really creative and impressive :+1:

IMO, I feel this face should be redone or given some slight definition around the eyes and lips like the outlined version of this one. It’s a bit creepy looking and doesn’t feel natural to look at.

3 Likes

Im guessing so they can progress Roblox?

2 Likes

Suggestion: In the animation editor you should be able to add sound from which an audiogram is then generated. Based on this audiogram you can then set your keyframes and synchronize the animation with the sound. Imagine the following: The avatar is impressed and says: “Wooooooooow”. You upload the corresponding sound file in the editor, synchronize the lip movement and create the animation. Then you could just let the animation play by script and everything is perfectly synchronized.

If this is implemented, you could then also automatically generate keyframes based on the audiogram (like in Adobe After Effects) For example: high frequency = eyes open and low frequency = eyes closed.

1 Like

Eye blinking is super easy. Set the priority to “Core.” Animate one blink. Hit play and forget about it.

2 Likes

as long as it remains an option to stay with the usual faces, then its alright for me

i got no problems

but if the normal faces are thrown in the trashcan and we are forced to deal with this?

nah

knowing how roblox is, it scares me that that could become reality.

EDIT: tongues can be animated?!?!?!? oh gosh, what were you guys thinking bahahahahahaha. be prepared to beef up your moderation, because i don’t see much coming from that.

4 Likes

To be honest, I am very excited to see the full release of these faces. It looks great in my eyes!

1 Like

This feature looks amazing, and I can’t wait for it to be out!

10 Likes

This is awesome but I can already imagine what would happen when this releases to the public.

1 Like

its too creepy lol tobight im sure i will have a nightmare

Cool, but creepy. Perfect for Halloween.

The left one is pretty good to see but the right one.

A guy just smiling like a cringe face while updated. So I’ll test it soon…

4 Likes

I personally think these new arms and hands look cute because of the new torso.
in my opinion the outlined face looks better [the one which looks like the original Roblox faces] than the new layered face

This is the layered face if your having difficulty differentiating:

I like the outlined face’s animation more too

[Note: These were just my opinions.]

2 Likes

Cinematic story mode games! Developers who want to bring realism to their characters animations to add a more realistic effect, I am glad this update came into play.

2 Likes

It really does look nice on the blocky type avatars but absolutely terrifying on the new ones…

1 Like

Loomian legacy aka pokemon brick bronze already has this, wish I knew how they did it.

3 Likes

This face It’s so much Horrible

3 Likes

While quickly scrolling through, I legitimately thought this was just another pic of the avatars. :laughing:

3 Likes

That’s… creepy and it looks like it wants to rip my lego limbs off

3 Likes