Dynamic Heads & Facial Animation Preview Beta

Yeah I hope the hands change a bit. The face stuff actually looks pretty cool but the hands are just…wrong lol

2 Likes

I hink its actually cool to add some more realistic avatars so it would be really good for realism builders to add like real humans,i hope only roblox dont forse that on people to wear it but i am not that negative about the new update

1 Like

dont know why but when i saw this the first thing i though of was that one guy from the bee movie.
anyways, cool update i guess. i do have a question though. will enabling these cause any performance issues? just curious if this could impact fps on stuff like phones or tablets.

8 Likes

In all honesty you rarely have THAT many characters, even then, thats still not many tris compared to lets say a building or whatever. So I do think it WILL SLIGHTLY impact preformance; but on low end devices.

1 Like

exactly, i hate people complaining about roblox’s progress, especialyl when it comes to graphical updates, roblox is becoming better and better, their graphics are FAR BEHIND from other engines anyway, even when it began in 2006

6 Likes

I love how Roblox is slowly more becoming of a professional game engine over time and catching up on graphics and such.

I personally like all the rig and animation updates, although must say that the uncanny art style of the face is a little off-putting.
I think I’m more likely to design my own head/face models and animations than use the ones that come with Roblox by default.

2 Likes

Thats cool and all, but before attempting and pretty much failing at making good looking “dynamic facial expressions” which a platform like roblox does not need because of its already set and unique art style (seriously roblox does not need to change its art style, this does not look any better, in fact it looks way worse) , you should probably add more gif/video support and post processing effects like light refraction and bending. PLEASE give developers more resources before trying to market on younger audiences with stuff like this. Without developers, Roblox would not be where it is at today, so please give us more tools to work with. (I know that this is technically a tool for devs too that are making more realistic games, but it’s clear that it wasn’t intended fully for devs)

1 Like

Sorry, I meant to reply to the original post. I didn’t see that your post wasn’t the original because of the image.

1 Like

I’m not complaining about Roblox progressing. I think it’s great what they’re trying to acheive with this! Many more unique games will be made thanks to this, but I think it would be even greater if Roblox released tools that already exist, to the public.

Change is good, but I don’t think this is the direction roblox should be taking, at the end of a day it’s a lego game, they shouldn’t be trying to make super realistic character models

1 Like

This is going to give children nightmares

1 Like

Will I be able to animate the face in studio or a rig exported onto blender?

1 Like

And that’s where you’re wrong!

Roblox isn’t just some “lego game”, it’s a whole gaming platform, a metaverse! Roblox having blocky characters doesn’t mean it’s a lego game. If Roblox was some basic game with 2 kinds of blocky avatars and some different types of bricks, I highly doubt it would be popular at all. These new Roblox updates are amazing, and the ones announced from RDC to come in 2022 too. And Roblox should absolutely be taking this kind of direction, it’s going to make Roblox experiences so much more dynamic and expressive.

4 Likes

You’re fine, and I also completely agree with your opinion.

The one on the left looks amazing! Really cartoony and fits the style of the characters. But I feel like the one on the right needs a bit more work, it just looks really weird and creepy. It doesen’t really fit the look of the character.

3 Likes

All of this stuff is cool, but I managed to glitch it while deleting the nodes:

4 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think this is a bad update. And…

This looks actually really good (at least on simple faces like these).

9 Likes

This is awesome! There’s definitely people who like it and dislike it, but i personally find it very cool. However, no matter what new things they release, I will probably keep using blocky avatars cause nothing is cooler than being literal blocks :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This is looks better

13 Likes

I do not like it tbh
It looks terrifying

1 Like