Dynamic Heads & Facial Animation Preview Beta

ezgif-4-3c8759c2009f

67 Likes

This is, truly, the future of Roblox.
(btw, did you animate that on your own?)

1 Like

I just used a script that would offset the position of the bones at random. I tried to see if I could animate it buuuut it ended up erroring.

That’s cool, could you share that script?

1 Like

Sure thing. Don’t expect anything too fancy lol.

local partsToMessUp = {
	chin = true,
	jaw = true,

leftcheek = true,
	rightcheek = true,

leftlowercornermouth = true,
	leftloweroutermouth = true,
	leftupperoutermouth = true,

rightlowercornermouth = true,
	rightloweroutermouth = true,
	rightupperoutermouth = true,
}

wait(3) -- Dramatic Effect

for _, obj in pairs(script.Parent:GetChildren()) do
	if partsToMessUp[obj.Name:lower()] then
		spawn(function() 
			while true do
				obj.Position = Vector3.new(math.random(-10, 10), math.random(-10, 10),math.random(-10, 10))
				wait()
			end
		end)
	end
end
5 Likes

Where are the humanoid heads seen in the demo posted on the Roblox twitter?

mood

12 Likes

The only thing I like from this is the face thing, the hands etc, just… no… please no

3 Likes

I love this. The simple line style face is absolutely great, but the style of the more realistic one feels a bit off. The smooth form hands also look very fat without wrists, albeit it’s hard to imagine another way to do them.

It’s a pity though I won’t be able to take advantage of this personally for a long time because my avatar is very non-standard.

9 Likes

The more realistic face on the right might feel mainly because it’s just a stationary image with no accessories, if you add them, it prolly won’t be that bad. I personally think everything looks amazing, so I’m also excited for all the RDC features too!

2 Likes

This is just so uncanny. Why are lego minifigures being given realistic(ish) faces that can now move?

8 Likes

roblox listen to the community challenge (IMPOSSIBLE!)

7 Likes

The platform should be constantly changing and evolving imo, this is a little off topic, but I think nostalgia is okay. It may needs some work but it isn’t terrible. If roblox was like it was in 2008 now, no one would play it. The platform needs to evolve to keep an audience.

I think this has potential and is a cool feature if the can fix some of the creepiness of it!

4 Likes

The 3d faces are definitely uncanny, but the 2d look pretty good.

2 Likes

Cool, but the one on the right is to creepy. I really like the left one though!

One question, will we be able to use these without scripting?

Where is this picture from?

1 Like

Studio. The places were provided in the main post. I opened it up and took a picture.

1 Like

The teeth dont look realistic and eyes look scary.image

5 Likes

They must took the right faces from movie creator who use such facial expression.

I LOVE the one on the left, but I DISPISE the one on the right. I really hope I don’t see the right character in the future. I don’t think it matches Roblox’s cartoony style.

However, the one on the on the left is so good!

Great job Roblox! Just don’t execute this badly lol

7 Likes

robloxapp-20211015-1034127.wmv (7.2 MB)
why it wont play the anmations
this is in game but works perfectly in-studio

1 Like