Dynamic Heads & Facial Animation Preview Beta

Ooookay and who told you you have to use those examples specifically? Who told you that you wouldn’t be able to make your own? And that you’re gonna be forced to use Roblox’s models only?

2 Likes

I just don’t like the style of this face

Screenshot 2021-10-14 192317

I think it’s only necessary for animations.

3 Likes

i really want you to cry about this.
Yes they are bad examples, but why shouldnt roblox have a BASIC FEATURE every other engine has again??? is it just because you deny change?

3 Likes

They showed all of this during RDC actually, and it fully worked! Its really cool!

3 Likes

Why would you assume I deny all change? There’s been plenty of recent changes in Roblox I’m happy with. All of the other developments from RDC have been great, I just don’t like this. Why can’t you accept that I have a different opinion about this?

2 Likes

How disgusting. I guess they needed some crap to keep their investors happy. Bleh, change isn’t always good.

To every developer who can’t cope to updates that won’t affect you:

Stop complaining. This is a good step for Roblox. The face design isn’t set in stone. Look outside the box.

8 Likes

This was actually previewed several years ago in an RDC event, like @Bep_p mentioned.

In a 2D scope, this feature probably won’t mean much less in story telling and RPG games, but for more immersive applications like VR - I can see this being a really awesome development, similar to VRChat.

Also please remember, this is a preview.
This is just demonstrating the capability of the feature, not the end result. I think it looks pretty good honestly, but you will likely be able to use your own models in the future.

3 Likes

This is, without a doubt, the most terrifying and creepy addition I’ve seen. The one on the left is cute, it’s adorable and fits right in. The one on the right enters the uncanny valley and gives me chills. I hope that in the future there will be capability to make and model your own faces/heads, otherwise this is simply a terrible addition.

3 Likes

There’s essentially no doubt that that’s where they’re going with this, and as it stands there’s nothing stopping you from doing so right now even creating something similar to what they’re showcasing, they’re just adding the support directly into the engine now. The majority of the avatar changes they make aren’t really so much for the community at large I don’t believe because if they have any sort of self reflectance capability at all they already know how well that goes over. Certainly nothing wrong with expanding the functionality of it that you can include on a game by game or character by character basis, though.

1 Like

this is extremely bothering when trying to animate the face. Do any of you know how to get rid of that? I turned the transparency down but whenever I go back to animating it comes back :skull:

same thing if you turn visible off. It comes back and it really gets in the way of seeing the facial expressions of the character. yet again same for alwaysontop it turns it back on :skull:. Rip same for the zindex if you turn it down it will reappear

6 Likes

Press ‘V’ on your keyboard to hide the pink bones

7 Likes

Tysm for the help. I really needed that.

3 Likes

I hope that in the future there will be capability to make and model your own faces/heads, otherwise this is simply a terrible addition.

You can do that now, and everyone says its creepy too! lol

I haven’t checked the files yet, do the examples show how the face is rigged? I have not committed to a particular bone structure on my faces, so I could possibly implement this.

No i’m begging you please don’t do this.

3 Likes

wow that is great to launch Facial Animation Beta I would like very well but it is a little scary but it is good to have the facial animation I also want to leave you a test game of facial animation the next link:New Facial Anims Roblox [Try Your Avatar!] - Roblox I hope you enjoyed :grinning:

1 Like

That game doesn’t work, notice how the faces don’t move?
The facial animation is still a studio beta, meaning it doesn’t work in games yet.

1 Like

Hello, how can I make a face animation interface? I saw this Video and I did not understand it and I do not know if it can be done in another way

Just use the animation editor?

a ok I’ll see that if it works for me