Dynamic Skies Are Getting Cloudy

Roblox deferring their updates for the umpteenth time, who would have thought?

21 Likes

It’s out in the release notes, but updating to 460 with Mod Manager doesn’t show them as a beta feature. What gives?

1 Like

Update: Forcing clouds to be enabled through the FFlag doesn’t do anything either. Odd…

1 Like

Release notes for 460 and is not out yet :confused:

2 Likes

Is that info for studio updates? And if so where can I find it?

1 Like

Yes its the info for studio updates and you can do this by clicking an link that says release notes then scroll down to see the info. there: Release Notes for 460

2 Likes

its been an week since new year after they said it will be in new year and this isn’t in Roblox studio beta yet? I might not wait for this anymore.

I’m assuming, not confirming that its most likely gonna be rolled out with the next patch of updates. 461.

1 Like

They said that it would be the first released version in the new year, and version 461 is out. Have they delayed it once more?

1 Like

Im going to watch this topic anyway.

1 Like

This feature is now enabled as a beta feature (just letting people know)

dyn

6 Likes

I was wondering how I actually would add this into my game. I have beta features on, but I can’t find it.

Edit: I found out how

Do you mind telling us where its found? or is it only available in Clonetrooper1019’s studio application?

No, I had to unenable and reenable it. Then, I restarted studio. Then hit add object on workspace and typed cloud.

They’ve released this and I just wanna say that these look ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!

The sunrays do be lookin kinda strange though

11 Likes

Like the release so far, however I’ve noticed a huge issue with it. If you have a cloud instance in any container it loads in with no way to disable it. Likewise, they can’t be adjusted on the fly. Is this an intended behavior? If so, that’s going to make clouds functionally useless for any games which rely on dynamic lighting conditions.

1 Like

Finally, I get to try this thing out!!
epic update tho

3 Likes

Is it public for everyone in-game to see or is it only a feature developers or people on studio can see?

If you don’t see clouds in Workspace or Lightning then unenable them, then restart studio, then enable them and restart studio and it should work.