Dynamic Skies Are Getting Cloudy

I was wondering how I actually would add this into my game. I have beta features on, but I can’t find it.

Edit: I found out how

Do you mind telling us where its found? or is it only available in Clonetrooper1019’s studio application?

No, I had to unenable and reenable it. Then, I restarted studio. Then hit add object on workspace and typed cloud.

They’ve released this and I just wanna say that these look ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!

The sunrays do be lookin kinda strange though

11 Likes

Like the release so far, however I’ve noticed a huge issue with it. If you have a cloud instance in any container it loads in with no way to disable it. Likewise, they can’t be adjusted on the fly. Is this an intended behavior? If so, that’s going to make clouds functionally useless for any games which rely on dynamic lighting conditions.

1 Like

Finally, I get to try this thing out!!
epic update tho

3 Likes

Is it public for everyone in-game to see or is it only a feature developers or people on studio can see?

If you don’t see clouds in Workspace or Lightning then unenable them, then restart studio, then enable them and restart studio and it should work.

Thanks for releasing this beta feature.
One thing I’ve noticed is that the clouds sometimes look a bit “noisy” around the edges.image
It is hard to see but definitely noticeable on a larger screen.

Features I would like to see in the future:

• A property that changes the Seed of the clouds, or even a random seed generation.
  • Allowing the clouds to move, with configurable speed.
  • Changing the color of the clouds.
  • Changing the Transparency of the clouds. (more control like a NumberSequence)
  • More realistic clouds. (they seem to dark)
  • Volumetric clouds allow players to fly inside/above the clouds.
  • Changing the height of clouds.
  • API that can be used to control clouds from scripts. (custom weather systems)
12 Likes

How do you enable them? I have every feature on the beta settings on but I’m searching in lighting for the clouds, I can’t find them :no_mouth:

1 Like

Turn on Clouds Beta Features On Beta Channel if you haven’t already then restart the studio then open any place u want to test it then go to lighting and click + that has white ciricle then search clouds then click it and boom there we go!

1 Like

What if it’s already checked but the clouds are not showing up in lighting, do you have to re-install studio or do something else?

1 Like

Try this. if u did and it didn’t work then it might be an bug or you could re-install studio i guess.

1 Like

Adding to what you said there about the features you would like to see added to those clouds
I would love to see them add the ability to add multiple cloud layers
So we could create amazing clouds like these:

12 Likes

Okay, thanks Icey! This helps alot :upside_down_face:

1 Like

AAAAAA I’m late, noooo, *scrambling to open studio

ngl, this is hot, perfect for a horror game, I wonder how they look at night

3 Likes

Sorry to intrude uninvited but I still can’t find them. I’ve enabled them, disabled and reenabled, Uninstalled studio and even cried into my monitor. Am I doing anything wrong?

All my beta features are enabled and when I click + in lighting then type “Clouds” nothing shows up. Was it maybe removed recently and will be re-added to game later?

Sorry, if you don’t know just let me know xD thank you for reading this far! :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, it happened to me too yesterday. I dunno.

1 Like

Idk its weird because I never received a notification in “What’s New” about this lol, so it might have just been removed temporarily lol.