Dynamic Skies Are Getting Cloudy

What he’s asking is how to access the beta version of this for testing, not when the full release will be.

1 Like

It’s not even to the point of being released into beta, Besides we can hold off on clouds for a tad bit longer. If you check the update logs they are PBR textures coming soon as well. Perhaps we could focus our eyes on that while we’re waiting for this to come out???

2 Likes

The feature is taking longer to implement than expected. If you want to test it now, you can using CloneTrooper’s Studio Mod Manager as suggested by masonsteinmet in this reply.

If you want to use it in live games or in the regular version of studio, you’ll need to wait until after the new year, as ProfessorKJM said in this reply.

@SillyMeTimbers I believe this is the response he was looking for, rather than how many bugs have been discovered or when PBR is coming.

2 Likes

Well we were promised phase 1a would be a beta feature within 1 week. I wasn’t expecting anything live, but if we’re told 1 week, you’d expect 1 week, right? I also didn’t see that reply from ProfessorKJM, so thank you for pointing that out to me.

Thanks for informing me, the only thing I have a problem with is the lack of communication by roblox, since it took 4 weeks for an “update”.

Thanks again :wave:

11 Likes

Does anyone know what the FFlag for this is in the studio mod manager? I’ve not received this beta update yet.

3 Likes

If we are already going for another year of delay, I see that they are concentrating on other things

5 Likes

The fflag is"RenderClouds" in like sitetest1 or 2

2 Likes

It’s is December 31 and still no updates, what in the world is happening?? you said:

2 Likes

They are probably busy doing other stuff maybe. Aka. Fixing key bugs.

5 Likes

Roblox deferring their updates for the umpteenth time, who would have thought?

21 Likes

It’s out in the release notes, but updating to 460 with Mod Manager doesn’t show them as a beta feature. What gives?

1 Like

Update: Forcing clouds to be enabled through the FFlag doesn’t do anything either. Odd…

1 Like

Release notes for 460 and is not out yet :confused:

2 Likes

Is that info for studio updates? And if so where can I find it?

1 Like

Yes its the info for studio updates and you can do this by clicking an link that says release notes then scroll down to see the info. there: Release Notes for 460

2 Likes

its been an week since new year after they said it will be in new year and this isn’t in Roblox studio beta yet? I might not wait for this anymore.

I’m assuming, not confirming that its most likely gonna be rolled out with the next patch of updates. 461.

1 Like

They said that it would be the first released version in the new year, and version 461 is out. Have they delayed it once more?

1 Like

Im going to watch this topic anyway.

1 Like

This feature is now enabled as a beta feature (just letting people know)

dyn

6 Likes