Editing UI in studio broken

Reproduction Steps
Edit any kind of UI like normal, have a frame and an image label under a screen gui and start editing, ui will randomly start clipping to your mouse and won’t let you edit properly.

Expected Behavior
I would expect to be able to edit ui in studio like normal; to be able to drag, scale, and place things onto the screen.

Actual Behavior

Workaround
No current work arounds, I encountered the issue today and so did my teammate.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2021-06-29 14:06:00 (-07:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-06-29 14:06:00 (-07:00)

16 Likes

That’s because the Background is parented under the frame, so they will move together.

0:14 I have the child selected - yet the parent moves with it.
And that’s not what’s happening, I’m not moving it at all, but selecting the frame will clip the UI to my mouse and move the ui involuntarily.

I am not moving it, it is clipping to my mouse whenever I select the frame.

Maybe restart studio? This has happened to me once.

Yeah I’ve already tried restarting multiple times. And it’s not just happening to me, my teammate also working in the same workspace is encountering the same issue.

Oh, alright. This has happened to me in a game, but a very small difference, instead I couldn’t even turn my screen and if I wanted to, I had to do it with arrow keys. This also happened in the same studio with the GUI. I’m not really sure what happened.

Check code or something, there could be a virus.

Yea, I had the problem for a month, I just recently got a new computer, and im still having this problem.

ignore the big black sqaures.

5 Likes

Happens to me too, but for me it happens for scaling, not moving, and it only happens sometimes.

2 Likes

Also happening to me, I can select and drag buttons but not labels.

What has been your solution for the past month dealing with it? I’m thinking I might just need to open a new baseplate to work on ui separately. :frowning:

I had to completely do it manually by using the properties. the only thing that sucks, that you can’t click on UI in game window or it would drag, but you need to use only the explorer and properties. Sometimes i would playtest, create Ui on PlayerGui , copy it, Press stop, and Paste it on StarterGui

2 Likes

That sounds like a headache, and you have been dealing with this for about a month? :sob:
I’m going to work in a clean workspace and copy stuff over. So far nothings bugged out for me in a clean baseplate, so I really don’t know what’s causing the issue to happen.
Are you yourself working in a clean baseplate when this issue occurred?

Nope, I’m doing this on main game, also not really headache, whenever you use dragging scale, the UI doesn’t fit with all devices you want it run with but, I’m use to using properties. the only the problem is not having to click UI, but I still manage create good UI.

2 Likes

Hi @Yozoh (and others!) - thank you for the bug report! I’ve been unable to reproduce this issue, unfortunately.

1. Did you observe any of this behavior prior to June 29th?
  2. Is this happening on Windows or OSX?
  3. Are you on a laptop?
  4. Do you have multiple displays connected?
  5. What is your display resolution set to for each display?
  6. Do you have any display scaling applied (on Windows, type “scale” into windows search bar, go into settings to verify what percentage scale is)?

Thanks!

2 Likes

I have sent you a private DM with a repo of our game. Click on and off between the Screen Gui and Frame. I tested it with the Repo and the bug is replicating on my side.

1. Did you observe any of this behavior prior to June 29th?
    No, it happened exactly on the 29th of June for me.
  2. Is this happening on Windows or OSX?
    I am working on windows. My CPU if it matters: Intel(R) Core ™ i7-9759H CPU @ 2.60GHz
  3. Are you on a laptop?
    Yes.
  4. Do you have multiple displays connected?
    Yes, 1 monitor attached ( ASUS VG245H 24 inchFull HD 1080p).
  5. What is your display resolution set to for each display?
Laptop Resolution

Monitor resolution

1. Do you have any display scaling applied (on Windows, type “scale” into windows search bar, go into
    settings to verify what percentage scale is)?
Display settings

Other things to take into note:

• This is a large game with models and script in it. Not in a clean baseplate.
  • Team create is on.

well…it actually happened to me in a 100% clean baseplate that I just created. I am unable to move the UI with my mouse and got also the UI going crazy when my mouse entered the window.

I have been having this same issue on multiple games with this error popping up constantly.
This has been very impactful on my experience and it needs to be fixed. It’s difficult to edit UI with it like this!
I never use the built-in UI editor and because of this, I am upset that you cannot disable it.

Edit: Just to help in case it’s needed, I will answer the questions (skipping #1 for obvious reasons)

1. Is this happening on Windows or OSX?
    I am using Windows 10 Home
  2. Are you on a laptop?
    Yes, I am currently on a laptop
  3. Do you have multiple displays connected?
    I currently do. My laptop screen as my main and my TV as a second monitor
  4. What is your display resolution set to for each display?
    Laptop Screen: 1920x1080 at 100% scale
    TV (2nd monitor): 1920x1080 at 100% scale
  5. Do you have any display scaling applied (on Windows, type “scale” into windows search bar, go into settings to verify what percentage scale is)?
    I currently do not as it’s set to 100% for everything

Set your SignalBehavior = "Default" in the Workspace. If you are using the "Deferred" option, this problem happens. It worked for me for this exact problem.

3 Likes