Editing UI in studio broken

I believe I already let @InceptionTime know of this issue, so thankfully it should be filed.

The bug occurs usually when you insert a new UI element, including constraints.

Check if your UI is in a folder, you have to move it out of it if you want to move it.

They are not in a folder at all. They are in just a ScreenGui object. I even still get this issue, but not as frequent anymore

Just moving an object in the workspace and clicking on something like a TextButton in the explorer is enough to cause this issue. The only way I’ve gotten around this is to remove the plugin from Studio entirely.

Bumping this because it still happens and it ruined half of my UI because when it is invisible it moves with my mouse without me even knowing and this is really annoying.

4 Likes

Hi, is this issue still happening for anyone? I wasn’t able to repro on the latest version of Studio (v609).

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up. I have not encountered this issue since, and I am using the latest version of studio!

1 Like

Issue is still happening for me. If I even save the studio, leave and come back; all of my UIs get deleted.

Edit: It works now. What you’ll need to do is is search Roblox Studio in the Windows searchbar and uninstall it. Once it is uninstalled, you’ll need to do WINDOWS (KEY) + R, search for “%localappdata%”, find the “Roblox” folder and delete the “Roblox Studio” folder from your computer (Clear the recycle bin as well on your computer). Then re-install Studio https://create.roblox.com/ from there.

No, but there IS another UI issue i’ve recently encountered.

issue is still happening for me, although it should be noted i am using the Roblox Studio Mod Manager Bootstrapper.

2 Likes

OK thanks for the report, it looks like the dragging cursors don’t appear in your video.
Does this behavior occur 100% of the time for you? Or after doing any specific actions?

1 Like

Same exact thing happens for me from time to time, extremely annoying

1 Like

this bug is not consistent every time i open studio no, it only seems to happen sometimes.
i am not sure of how to replicate it, if i find out i’ll be sure to @ you in this thread.

3 Likes

@stadium_parkour2
i’ve just encountered the same issue after long term script development in another place.

as seen in the video above, once this bug occurs it will not go away until roblox studio is fully closed.
i discovered that i had the bug around 2 minutes after opening my ui test place.

this doesn’t tell you the exact source of the issue, but hopefully i’m able to provide enough information in order to help resolve it.

1 Like

I’m dealing with this right now. As of all of my attempts, it is occurring 100% of the time consistently.

Thanks for the info, I think this produces a reliable repro for me (closing a place via the 3D view “x” and reopening a new place in the same window).

Also it appears this bug is a duplicate of this one: Mouse cursor acting weird when play-testing in Roblox studio
which should be fixed in next week’s release.

2 Likes