Egg Hunt 2019 Opportunity

Hey Developers,

As Roblox continues to grow, we want to offer more opportunities to show off your skills and experiences on the platform. In 2019, we are going to incorporate new and engaging approaches to events as well as bringing back some old methods. Our goal is to make these events more developer driven, and it all starts with Egg Hunt.

Egg Hunt 2019 is going to be a massive scavenger hunt across 40-50 games with one custom hub to connect them all! The hub will have multiple teleporters that will bring players to the different event games depending on the time of day. We are looking to highlight the community as a whole using these 40-50 games. We are interested in smaller experiences and large, popular games alike. The selected games will be tasked with creating their own custom quest, to which Roblox will hook up an egg to be rewarded when a player completes it. In order to improve the chance of getting your game selected, you should make sure to note if your game is cross-platform and/or localized. The games that are selected will be able to suggest egg designs, but we cannot guarantee that those designs will be used.

There is no deadline to apply as the Hub Team or one of the 40-50 participating games. We will review the applications as they come in, so the earlier you apply the better chance of being selected.

OPPORTUNITY 1: Game with Hidden Egg (Unpaid):

Be one of the games that gets to hide an egg in your game.

note this opportunity is not paid

Application

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4541305/2019-Egg-Hunt-Game

Requirements

• Passing DevRel QA Checklist
  • Adding a quest into your game that unlocks a badge that Roblox will connect an egg to

Perks

• Huge publicity and traffic
  • Your game will be linked to a virtual prize
  • Earn the exclusive White Banded Red Top Hat for working on an event

OPPORTUNITY 2 - Building the Hub (Paid):

Be the team that creates the hub to connect all the different games that will have eggs hidden in them

note this opportunity is paid

Application

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4550945/2019-Egg-Hunt-Application-Hub

Requirements

• Comfortable with a preset design with some room for creativity

• Team requires builder / ui artist / scripter

• Teams should be between 2-4 developers
  • Hours and schedule based development

• If there is a sponsor, the team will need to add elements depending on the request from the sponsor

Perks

• Social promotions for your own games and the ability to work with the social team throughout the project
  • All in-game revenue is yours to keep and exchange for USD through DevEx
  • Real life AAA studio and professional experience, working alongside a manager to meet your goals
  • Including paid contract based work with the Roblox Corporation in your Portfolio
  • Huge opportunity for a producer reference for your career (College/University/Jobs)
  • Earn the exclusive White Banded Red Top Hat for working on an event

MUST BE OVER 13 TO APPLY!
ONLY COMPLETED SURVEYS WILL BE CONSIDERED!

Thanks!

Developer Relations Team

140 Likes

Eggciting! Glad to see a community-driven egg hunt event

46 Likes

It’s that time of the year again. :eyes:

Good luck to everyone applying for this!

10 Likes

It was an honour to help make the last Egg Hunt, and I’m super excited to see what these groups comes up with!!

Working on the Egg Hunt was a blessing, and I highly recommend it, this is one of the best chances you get.

26 Likes
  1. Can I apply with a game that is not yet released but will be released within the next month?

2. How many games can we apply with?

17 Likes

Also waiting to find out, mine is coming out in a week or so.

7 Likes

Eggcelent! Can’t wait for this event to get cracked right open, I’ve applied, hopefully I get to help whip up a egg-ceptional game

13 Likes

Looks like one heck of an opportunity!

6 Likes

Looks like a whole poached opportunity! Can’t wait to see all the deviled eggs that partake in the upcoming year’s development.

8 Likes

@2blox2quit do we have to apply with our teams or can we apply individually?

4 Likes

Yep go ahead and apply with a game that is not released. Just make sure the game is paid access so we can view it.

8 Likes

What if my game is currently group-only? Will you join the group to view it? (p.s You will get an exclusive role if you do <3)

5 Likes

This looks great. Some things I’d like to be elaborated on however:

How are you planning to implement this feature? Likely this could be a massive problem for those that aren’t free all day, everyday, or those that are in different time zones.

Secondly,

I’m interested to know why you chose this approach after the massive disapproval the community has given towards this style of event. It is clear to me through this quote that none of the considerations of the community have been applied to the upcoming egg hunt. Could you elaborate as to why this is the case?

Maybe I am just miss-informed, nevertheless, I’m sure others have also got the same or similar questions.

:slight_smile:

18 Likes

You can apply by yourself.

6 Likes

How long will this application be open? I’m releasing my game in 1-2 weeks and I’d like to apply after I see if it succeeds or not.

3 Likes

The community tends to disapprove events that only involve 2-3 places. Because this will have 40-50 places, I think players will still enjoy it and hopefully find it to be a cool idea. shrugs

7 Likes

Yes, we can join the group to view it.

6 Likes

Seems like a great opportunity for developers, but in a sense of what the community wants, it may be a bit damaging. I’m looking back at 2015 and seeing how much of a disappointment that egg hunt was, and how similar this one seems to it. How will this one be different, disregarding the hub and the egg quantity in each game?

I personally think this is pretty promising though; that’s a lot of games that’ll be featured!

14 Likes