Eligibility criteria for Immersive Ads

What are you attempting to achieve? I’m searching to find the necessary requirements in my experience to qualify in having immersive ads. You can check your experience’s eligibility status to serve ads by visiting your experience’s details page on the Creator Dashboard. If the left-hand navigation’s Analytics section displays an Immersive Ads header, your experience is eligible. If it does not show “Immersive ads” then your experience does not qualify for it.

What is the issue? I was hoping to implant this new feature in my experience after I added the models, but then realized that my experience does not qualify. There is not much information on what requirements my game needs to have this feature.

What solutions have you tried so far? I have tried reading the Roblox support pages and the Devforum immersive ads topics. They are not very specific, as there are only statements such “we will gradually open up eligibility to more experiences throughout 2023” or “Roblox only serves ads into ad units if the experience is eligible to serve ads, which is based on an internal set of eligibility criteria.”. I made a Roblox Ad account (which should be unnecessary) and completed the Experience questionnaire to see if it would make my game qualify for this feature, and it did not. Links - Immersive Ads | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub Immersive Ads are rolling out! - Updates / Announcements - Developer Forum | Roblox

Roblox stated when this feature was released “we’re starting with an initial set of experiences that are likely to be appropriate for a broad range of advertisers on Roblox”. Its been some time since that statement and again, I’m hoping to know which experiences are will qualify for this feature and what are the requirements?

11 Likes

It’s not clear, since all they said was that the requirements were internal, meaning only Staffs will know about the exact criteria. My best guess is that your game needs at least 1K visits, as it shows for the “Example Experience” in the Immersive Ads Doc.

7 Likes

Definitely not 1K visits because I have surpassed that number. I’ll see if I can contact Roblox Support for this matter to include more details.

7 Likes

I was also looking for that information, my game has over 200k visits, 50k MAU and I still cannot use immersive ads.
Looking forward for updates on this.

5 Likes

any updates? im curious you managed to be eligible

2 Likes

I would also like to know the exact criteria, i have a game that gets updated every week, has more than 1k visits, minimum 2-3 active players every day but my game is still not eligible for immersive ads and i don’t know why. If someone knows the criteria, please tell me.

4 Likes

Hi, I am a veteran roblox creator who has several experiences which are eligible for ads. I would like to use them in my newest game, which has ~70k MAU and 1.5k DAU, but they’re not available. The game has been around for almost a year (since January 1 23), and monetizes decently. I am really confused as to why this feature isn’t available to me.

The experience which doesn’t have access is: 🌴 island gods 🐷 - Roblox

The experience which does is: 🦁Mount of the Gods - Roblox

The former experience has many more MAUs at the moment, but fewer total plays. My question: what are the actual requirements? Are developers ever going to be told?

2 Likes

Unless a Top developer (such as you @blutreefrog blue) who has access to this feature can tell us if he receive a notification that explains more details when you qualified, or if ROBLOX support can provide more us details, we cannot say for sure.

I had a second idea that only verified players with the blue check has access to the feature. But considering that @blutreefrog only has a partial number of games that do have the feature, it leads me to assume that for a experience to qualify for Immersive ads depends on the amount of visits you have. the exact amount is uncertain but maybe around 1-49 million of visits is required MINIMUM. If a developer saw that his experience just qualified for IA recently then perhaps we can get a better idea of the requirements

I also had the different idea that only Top games that are hand picked by the staff of ROBLOX can qualify. But again, I cannot say for sure.

1 Like

My game Hill of Heck was eligible and is now no longer eligible for ads. I believe it has something to do with your revenue mixed with player engagement, specifically the statistics shown under the insights bar on the overview tab on the creator dashboard.

3 Likes

Interesting, your game only has 437K+ visits. If It’s possible and comfortable with you, are you willing to share that information or take specific screen shots? It would also be great to show before and after the experience was no longer eligible for ads. Hopefully it may give a narrow view of what is needed to qualify.

If anyone else has other ideas, feel free to respond!

1 Like

did you have to update your rating questionnaire lately by chance?

1 Like

My game has 49M visits and we still do not have access to immersive ads so I am genuinely curious why we do not have them since we have 9+ for our game we answered the questionaire, idk what else to do. I hate when Roblox is so uninformative on how to get access to these things.

4 Likes

Not sure on if this is a coincidence or not, but I can say that a few milestones were reached the same day I got access to immersive ads:

• Recieved access one day after 1 million visits
  • Recieved access same day the game earned its millionth robuck
  • Recieved access same day the game reached 500k monthly active users

I will guess that it’s probably the 500k monthly active users, as this the cutoff point for the top 2500 experiences on roblox according to the game analytics. Not sure if anyone can relate to this but that’s my theory.

3 Likes

I have done some searching and I still can’t find the criteria you need to meet. I reached out to roblox support and they said “Thank you for your interest in Immersive Ads. We are gradually rolling out access to eligible publishers based on internal criteria, so we appreciate your patience as we work on expanding eligibility” It amazes me that something so important for monetization and making money is so hard to find.

I got access to immersive ads on my UGC game and this is what it says for criteria:

Though I am not sure if there is any more secret criteria not listed.